Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Suh

Re: Suh

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Suh was tackled by the O-lineman. He was frustrated. The blocker had him with an underhook and took him down like they were in an MMA match.

Suh's got to get smarter and not hurt his team by allowing those things to get to him, but I don't think he's a dirtbag. When you go back and look at the other incidents that got him fined, there's the same root cause: an un-flagged penalty (if not more than one) against those blocking him.
    Seriously dude your grasping at straws. So the forearm to back of Cutler's head and trying to rip Dalton and Delhomme's head off happened because he was illegally blocked?

He walked the fine line of dirty play and now has jumped completely across it.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Seriously dude your grasping at straws. So the forearm to back of Cutler's head and trying to rip Dalton and Delhomme's head off happened because he was illegally blocked?

He walked the fine line of dirty play and now has jumped completely across it.
    The Dalton fine came from the first preseason game, and at the start of that play Suh is hit in the facemask by left guard. He pushes through the block, grabs Dalton around the shoulders, hitting Dalton's helmet with his facemask causing it to come off, and then takes him down.

It was a dumb play because Dalton released the ball just before Suh hit him. He shouldn't have taken him down. If he releases him after the hit, he probably wouldn't have even drawn a flag.

How does the old saying go?

"two wrongs don't make a right"

The guy is a scum bag bottom line. You dont throw tantrums like that in any profession...

Let me get this straight bacchys... You willing to turn a blind eye to Suh's aggressive (sometimes overly agressive) play based on the fact that sometimes he is illegally blocked. Its okay to grab a player by the head and throw him to the ground, because he was hit in the facemask.

I wonder if you would have the same opinion if Suggs reacted this way. Sizzle is held on virtually every play. You dont see him flying off the handle and losing his cool.

At some point you got to take responsiblity for your own actions. Regardless if someone pushed your buttons or not. Its part of being a mature adult. You giving Suh a pass would only encourage this type of behavior in the future.

If I'm the commish Suh season is done for several reasons. First he has a history of borderline dirty play and has been fined for it before. Second, this was a nationally televised game on Thanksgiving. Finally, but IMO the most important, is Haynesworth was sat for 5 games for a similar incident and he had no reputation of being a dirty player at all.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

At least Haynesworth has the balls to own up to his incident after the fact:

"What I did out there was disgusting. It doesn't matter what the league does to me. The way I feel right now, you just can't describe it."

I think the Schwartz should suspend Suh right now, and not wait for Roger.
    Last edited by Mr OC; 11-25-2011 at 02:10 PM.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

I don't think he pulled a Haynesworth. After watching it, I don't think he meant to kick the player. Unlike Haynesworth, he was getting up and looking away as he stomped his foot. Haynesworth looked at the player and aimed his foot at the guy's head. Suh was basically flailing around in frustration, heedlessly.

Ejecting him was the right call, but I believe him that he didn't intentionally stomp on the guy. But he did stomp on him, so he should have been ejected and he should be fined. I don't think he should be suspended.
    Hello..I come to this forum quite a bit and enjoy reading and following the debates here. Although I rarely post, I find the forum both informative and entertaining. But reading the above made me need to post this.

I have seen both in sports and just in life people get mad and stomp at things, myself included. The intent is to stomp at whatever has angered you. Even if in doing so your head and shoulders are turned away the intent is still the same, you are stomping and trying to harm what angered you.

Suh may be a good football player, but he has anger issues that he needs to get addressed before he can truly become great. In this instance a fine and suspension are clearly warranted.

There is a difference between understanding why something happened, and then condoning that act.

I think many of you are mis-understanding what Bacchys is saying.

Blog Entries

Suh is quickly becoming the dirtiest player in the league. Was he like that in college? What a jerk...he couldn't even man up and take responsibility. He just stood there in front of the cameras and made excuses. He deserves whatever he has coming to him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Let me get this straight bacchys... You willing to turn a blind eye to Suh's aggressive (sometimes overly agressive) play based on the fact that sometimes he is illegally blocked. Its okay to grab a player by the head and throw him to the ground, because he was hit in the facemask.
    You're not getting it straight. I'm not condoning or excusing his actions. I've repeatedly said he should have been ejected and he should be fined. Because i don't think he had the intent of stomping on him, I don't think he should be suspended for this action alone. If Goodell thinks his pattern of conduct requires it, that's a different question.

So, no, I'm not willing to turn a blind eye to his actions, and it's not okay to grab a player around the head and throw him to the ground, especially after he's already thrown the football.
    I wonder if you would have the same opinion if Suggs reacted this way. Sizzle is held on virtually every play. You dont see him flying off the handle and losing his cool.
    I'm a Ravens fan, not a Lions fan. The more apt question is whether you'd have the same opinion if the player in question wore a Ravens uniform.

One of the reasons I didn't want Ryan as HC after Billick was fired was because his unit (the defense) was the worst disciplined on the team. I didn't think he could bring them back under control because he was there when things got out of control. I've been very happy with Harbaugh's approach and the way the team has responded. They're much better at not hurting the team by lashing out stupidly at what the other team does or when the refs make a bad call or fail to make a good one.

Blog Entries

The sad thing is, Suh doesn't need to play like that in order to be great. He has already drawn a lot of accolades but the dirty play could tarnish his image and cost him a lot in endorsements. I hope he cleans it up.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

What are his head and shoulders doing as his foot comes down?
    Bacchys, did you not watch the video? He repeatedly bashes the guy's head into the turf, then he gets up and stomps on him with his cleat.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.