Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can we steal SF's Linebackers?

Imagine the Ravens D with the depth and talent we have on the D-Line and secondary coupled with the 9ers' LB's.. Yowza.. Here's hoping the Ravens draft hard for a couple of stud LB's that can get to the outside like those guys do..

Re: Can we steal SF's Linebackers?

Yeah Willis is the next best MLB in the NFL and Bowman has been on fire this year. I still prefer our outside linebackers though.

People keep sleeping on McClain..... i'm sure he likes that way.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

From what I've read, it is a pretty good group of ILB's in this years draft. In fact, the best in years. Look for Ozzie to get one in the first or second round. Of course offensive line will also be a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    People keep sleeping on McClain..... i'm sure he likes that way.
    I'm not, McClain definitely had a great game, and has been improving a lot this year. But he is no where near the league of Willis, and not too close to Bowman either, though I think he has the potential to reach Bowman's level.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpiderWebb View Post
    I'm not, McClain definitely had a great game, and has been improving a lot this year. But he is no where near the league of Willis, and not too close to Bowman either, though I think he has the potential to reach Bowman's level.
    No one's near their league.. for sure..

But McClain is really doing his thing, and he's only getting better. He isn't as physically gifted as those guys, but that he's a smart guy and he should be given a strong look when ray leaves and we are looking for his replacement, or the guy next to his replacement.

Plus you cant deny he's made plays this season.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    No one's near their league.. for sure..

But McClain is really doing his thing, and he's only getting better. He isn't as physically gifted as those guys, but that he's a smart guy and he should be given a strong look when ray leaves and we are looking for his replacement, or the guy next to his replacement.

Plus you cant deny he's made plays this season.
    Definitely agreed. Coming into this season I though Jameel (or whoever played in that spot) would be a pretty major weak link. But he's definitely stepped his game up, and made some big plays in some big spots.

In response to the OP, if you put Willis and Bowman on this team you might as well give them the Lombardi right now

Btw, anybody else notice Leach pop Willis in the mouth before going out of bounds on his catch? Not like we didn't already know Vonta was a mack truck, but that was still impressive

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Can we steal SF's Linebackers?

Quote Originally Posted by psuraven View Post
    From what I've read, it is a pretty good group of ILB's in this years draft. In fact, the best in years. Look for Ozzie to get one in the first or second round. Of course offensive line will also be a priority.
    If he doesn't, he will probably sign some 6' 3" 250 lb. UDFA. People will say, "How'd Ozzie do that again?" Well, he does have experience in these matters... Bc

T-Sizzle was by far the best linebacker on th field last night. He's worth more than any of the 49er linebackers.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Btw, anybody else notice Leach pop Willis in the mouth before going out of bounds on his catch? Not like we didn't already know Vonta was a mack truck, but that was still impressive
    He had a grin before he did it, look at the replay. :)

I wouldnt trade.