Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I'm Tired Of Hearing About The 49ers Defense!!!

Seems like all week all I am hearing from ESPN, talk shows, etc is how good the 49ers defense is. Here's a newsflash that no one seems to be talking about. The Ravens have already played SIX GAMES with teams that have a higher ranked defense and they won all of them except the Jags game.

It didn't occur to me until I saw the stats on NFL.com. Maybe we need to cut the offense just a little slack. They're going up against a top 10 D seems like every week (the Titans are ranked 18th, there's exceptions to everything).

The Cardinals and Rams are near the bottom and the Ravens' offense rocked in those games.

The offense has been there done that with stingy defenses all season and they are still ranked a respectable 15th overall. The 49ers should not scare them.

Oh yea, one more important point. The Ravens' D is ranked #4!!!

#1 Texans
    #2 Steelers (twice)
    #3 Jaguars
    #4 Ravens
    #6 Bengals
    #7 Jets
    #8 49ers
    #11 Seahawks

Re: I'm Tired Of Hearing About The 49ers Defense!!!

They have a hell of a defense... those numbers dont tell the whole story.

Next to Pittsburgh this will be the best defense we've faced all season.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    They have a hell of a defense... those numbers dont tell the whole story.

Next to Pittsburgh this will be the best defense we've faced all season.
    Their run defense is stellar, no doubt about it. But their pass defense is all the way down at 23. The Ravens defense is much more balanced (#5 rushing and #7 passing).

If the Ravens can establish some sort of rushing attack then it could be a good night for them. Maybe its a good thing Cam and Joe have been working on the passing game so much in some of these games.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRock View Post
    Their run defense is stellar, no doubt about it. But their pass defense is all the way down at 23. The Ravens defense is much more balanced (#5 rushing and #7 passing).

If the Ravens can establish some sort of rushing attack then it could be a good night for them. Maybe its a good thing Cam and Joe have been working on the passing game so much in some of these games.
    I think our defense fully healthy, and playing like we did to start the season is one of the best in about 4 years... but they've tailed off.

Man that 9ers defense is no joke that let that Passing number fool you, people pretty much abandon the run when they play them. We cant do that, in this game a 4 yard run is VERY VERY good.

But man that Defense isn't bad bro, we have to get better without a doubt, on D i feel if we get fully healthy, and get Ray back that will help i wanna see us play like we did to start the season... They wont beat us if we play like that.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

The 49ers have done an admirable job of taking care of business against inferior competition but they really haven't played a physical team in a hostile environment. Yes the Ravens have shot themselves in the foot a few times this year but after going up against the Steelers twice a year I have no doubt they'll be up to the task for this game.

Blog Entries

It's been their ability to get turnovers. They seem to get the ball in the right end of the field a few times each game and that's been the difference. Strip/sack, INTs, and just going after the ball.

Turnovers could decide this game too

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Let's hope the ravens don't dig themselves a hole, fall behind and become forced to throw the ball. If we throw the ball we must throw on our terms and not theirs. The key is turnover battle again. Read somewhere that the niners had a +17 turnover differential. That's impressive. Win the turnover battle, stay patient with the run.

8. Re: I'm Tired Of Hearing About The 49ers Defense!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    It's been their ability to get turnovers. They seem to get the ball in the right end of the field a few times each game and that's been the difference. Strip/sack, INTs, and just going after the ball.

For sure the turnovers will play a big part in this game. It was nice to see Lee Evans out there last week, I think he factors into a big play this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post

Turnovers ultimately decide every game.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.731553,-117.196431

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    Turnovers ultimately decide every game.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.731553,-117.196431
    Except for the Seattle game. Some people are still trying to figure who's to blame for that game.

I do find it funny that when mentioning the 49ers defense its conveniently not mentioned that there one of the worst at defending the pass, good defenses are good at stopping the run and defending the pass.

I also agree that both going against a top-ranked run defense and top-ranked run offense is hardly anything new to the Ravens.

The 49'ers defense is legit. Logic goes if you can't run on them then you have to pass. If you look at their defensive QB rating then it becomes fifth best in the league. They force INT's.