OT - 2011 Macy's Day Parade

To all my fellow Raven fans....and especially those who do like the marching band:

I have the once in a lifetime opportunity to watch my two sons march in this years Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade with the Nation Ford High School band from Fort Mill, SC. They were one of 8 bands selected from across the country for this honor. My oldest son Ian is the Drum Major, and my youngest son Weston plays the tuba. Nation Ford HS is also the reigning three time SC 3A state champions for 2009/10/11.

I am leaving for NYC tonight on a redeye for the week. And for Thursday night...I will be in a NYC sports bar to watch the Harbaugh Bowl in my purple gear. Can't wait for the parade or the game!!!!

Bring on the Big Apple and the 49'rs!!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in RavenNation !!

Re: OT - 2011 Macy's Day Parade

Good for you and your sons. For a sports bar I recommend a place called "Scruffy Duffy's". I think it's on 8th Avenue, but it is very close to Times Square. It's not too busy and they have plenty of TV sets. It's also reasonable for an NYC bar.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Congratulations! Enjoy the day.

Thanks!!

I will look for Scruffy Duffy's...we are staying in times square at the Crowne Plaza.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    Good for you and your sons. For a sports bar I recommend a place called "Scruffy Duffy's". I think it's on 8th Avenue, but it is very close to Times Square. It's not too busy and they have plenty of TV sets. It's also reasonable for an NYC bar.
    I've watched the Ravens in Duffy's also, and i confirm it's on 8th Avenue not too far from Times. If you've never been in New York this time of year, make sure you get some roasted chestnuts and other goodies from the street vendors. ;)

Good luck to you and your boys. That's gonna be quite an experience being in the Macey Day Parade.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

That is really cool....congrats
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--