(wipes eyes) Did we rush 3 and got to the QB...

I forgot to mention this yesterday I could have sworn late in the game we rushed 3... (maybe twice?) and both times it was successful? wha?!?!?!

Blog Entries

Re: (wipes eyes) Did we rush 3 and got to the QB...

The final series in the Red Zone we rushed three.

McPhee, Suggs, and Kruger did a brilliant job. It was a good move by Pagano, too, because having 8 in coverage took away all the quick outlets for Dalton. It could have blown up, however, if the pass rush doesn't get to Dalton.

Ok I thought so. It was one of the few times I can remember that we rushed 3... and I didn't lose my mind on my couch...

I thought they did a good job mixing things up. Even when rushing 3 or 4 they had the LBs up at the line to cause some confusion before dropping back. Hopefully Pagano doesn't get scared off of blitzing because of the TD over Jimmy Smith. Have to take the good with the bad.

Mattison would be so proud :)

One of the two was a zone blitz. They lined up with 5 on the line showing blitz, and at the snap they dropped 3 of the 5, including at least one down lineman (may have been Ngata actually.) I don't remember the play exactly but I'm pretty sure it wasn't the Mattison-style obvious 3-man rush.

And that's the key to making a 3-man rush work... mixing it in at the right time and using it to disguise the defense's intent.

I know Pagano needs to get even more creative than he has been at this point because while that sequence of plays was successful the defense has been very poor at generating pressure for 3 straight games now.

Ngata has vanished as a pass rusher due to his injuries, so rushing 3 wasn't that much different than rushing four, except it gave us one extra in pass coverage. Considering the position of the ball and the added difficulty of passing the ball in the red zone, it was a good call. I was a little less than enamored with the pass rush until those final 3 snaps. Sizzle only has 3 sacks in the last 9 games. He is causing havoc for sure, but needs to finish some of those plays off....

Blog Entries

I pointed out yesterday dalton was making the safe high percentage throws while blitzing they played everything to the sidelines he hardly threw to the middle of the field, the last red zone stand was brilliant we dropped 8 in coverage and took away all that high percentage stuff he freaked out and tried to run or roll out to make passing lanes but there was no where to go suggs and mcphee hustled despite getting held and made the big plays. Good job by chuck to know when to blitz and not when to blitz.

Blog Entries

Guys are geting held too on every play just watch some of these last three games suggs and kruger also jj are held on every single play and not just slighty its a muggin

Blog Entries

I am not a fan of the 3 man rush but it was in the end of the field so they wanted to flood the zones and take away targets. It was pretty damn successful.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

U can be successful with a 3 man rush when you only have 17 yards of field to defend. Mattison tried it anywhere on the field
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!