Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
No one is arguing Harbaugh's win-loss record. Jim Caldwell had a 24-8 record in his two years as Indianapolis' head coach; in fact, he was a Coach of the Year candidate in 2009.

Now he's 0-10 and there's a strong sentiment that he'll be gone before the season is out.

I'm not saying the Ravens are similar to the Colts--the team from Indy is way more dependent on 1 player.

It just goes to show that a W-L record doesn't tell you everything about a head coach. In my opinion John Harbaugh looks to be contributing little, if anything, to this football team.

He brings nothing to the table in offense or defense, and his special teams units are average at best, more likely poor. His team has been terribly inconsistent and hasn't maximized its talent in any year yet. His clock management is awful.

I think it's a valid point to question what he's bringing to the table compared to a coach with more football acumen like a Belichick/Reid/Jim Harbaugh.
It's obvious who is to credit for the Colts success. It aint the coach. Not fair to compare anyone to whomever is the Colts coach while Peyton is the QB. He could make anyone look like a good coach.

Overall I think Harbaugh has a done a good job. Today's loss was more execution than game plan. If Reed hadn't fumbled twice to give up 6 easy points this would have been a different game.