Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ok we've had time to vent.. What's the game plan for the Bengals?!

These boys are top 5 in the league in total defense yardage per game.. regardless of who they've played so far. Stout against the run giving up less than 90yds per game. Will the brain trust totally abandon the run again based on this stat??.. Will Joe throw sixty times this week or have we learned our lesson??..

What do we do folks? Better yet.. what will Cam and Harbs do?

Blog Entries

Re: Ok we've had time to vent.. What's the game plan for the Bengals?!

On defense it's all about stopping the run. Don't let Benson help out Dalton. AJ Green has a hyper-extended knee. He's probably going to play but given that injury the Ravens need to jam him and play physical.

On offense it probably is going to come down to passing. Leon Hall, the Bengals #1 CB, was placed on IR after the Steelers game. Hall and Joseph have always given Flacco problems and now both are gone. That means getting the ball to Boldin on the outside. The Bengals pass rush is going to be an issue. They rotate a players in that front 7 which is why that defense has been so tough.

Rice can get some yards but they are going to have to come on the outside and when the Bengals load up the pass rush. When Manny Lawson goes out of the game it's usually because they are looking to crush the passer. The Steelers had a lot of success with misdirection and end arounds which means Cam is going to want to do the same thing.

Right now the Bengals are light years ahead on special teams. The Ravens better get a ton of touchbacks because this team can really run back kickoffs.

Not Sucking! lol

Seriously. Run the ball, and hold on to the ball. Their O cannot beat us. Slow the game down and get turnovers. If we get the ball in good field position and don't give them the ball in good field position, we win.

Blog Entries

Hoping Evans plays...

Cinci will want to establish the run and play action so stopping / slowing down their RB tandem is critical. Dalton has played well but I'd rather see them go to the pass.

Early in the game the Ravens offense needs to go hurry up and score early. They cannot afford to get into a hole and let the situation dictate their gameplan.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I think they need to come out and throw, get some completions early to loosen up the Bengals D. As much as every fan in Baltimore wants to see the Ravens run the ball, I don't know how much success they'll have against this front. That's not to say they should throw it 50 times again, but I don't think we should expect them to go out, run it 35 times and have a great day on the ground.

We can say what the game plan is but its pointless. Our defense will be good like always. Stop run and make Dalton beat you.

Offensively Cam will keep calling the same out routes. Tightend seams routes. Hopefully Rice will get more carries but if we fall behind by 10 in first quarter Rice will not see another carry again.

Maybe some Booos can fire Cam up.

Home game preparation doesn't bother me as much as on the road. I think Ravens win, similar to the Steelers last week. By 7-9 points, imo

Make Dalton make mistakes. This would be a good time to see the defense that was deceptive and unpredictable.

I haven't really been back here all that much since the loss, but since when was it the offense's fault the outcome on Sunday wasn't in our favor?

Billy Cundiff left 6 points on the field. David Reed denied the offense 2 possessions in addition to that.

Special Teams lost the football game for the Ravens on Sunday, there aren't any offensive concerns other than the fact that there is a lack of chemistry between the players and Cam. That problem will be addressed in the offseason.

As a team they had no spark in Seattle, too much just going through the motions. If they come into Cinci the same way, it'll be a loss.

The gameplan doesn't matter, the Ravens are the better team, they just need to come in fired up.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    On defense it's all about stopping the run. Don't let Benson help out Dalton. AJ Green has a hyper-extended knee. He's probably going to play but given that injury the Ravens need to jam him and play physical.

On offense it probably is going to come down to passing. Leon Hall, the Bengals #1 CB, was placed on IR after the Steelers game. Hall and Joseph have always given Flacco problems and now both are gone. That means getting the ball to Boldin on the outside. The Bengals pass rush is going to be an issue. They rotate a players in that front 7 which is why that defense has been so tough.

Rice can get some yards but they are going to have to come on the outside and when the Bengals load up the pass rush. When Manny Lawson goes out of the game it's usually because they are looking to crush the passer. The Steelers had a lot of success with misdirection and end arounds which means Cam is going to want to do the same thing.

Right now the Bengals are light years ahead on special teams. The Ravens better get a ton of touchbacks because this team can really run back kickoffs.
    I agree.. the passing game will be the best route for success this week.

Here's how to make Raven kryptonite:

1. Play a good team and beat them in a huge emotional win, then
    2. Play a bad team next, and
    3. Play that bad team on the road.

None of the above apply this week vs. the Bengals. And because the Bengals are a good team, I think the Ravens will actually take them seriously, and so oddly I'm not especially worried. I think we win.