Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Flacco and the Final Drive (that didn't happen)

So just out of curiosity - I'm wondering if it was just me, but did anyone else think (when SEA had 1st and 20 on the 10) that once we got the ball back, Flacco was going to drive the field and win the game? I mean we always, of course, HOPE that happens, but for the first time that I can remember as a Ravens fan, I was like 99.9% sure that we had this game won once we got the ball back.

That's a nice feeling to have, even though the game ended up being a loss.

Re: Flacco and the Final Drive (that didn't happen)

I did. the offense finally hit a flow, discovered who Ray Rice was, and I really though the D would step up and give Joe a chance.

I noticed a lot of receivers dropping balls, that is not on Joe.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Funny, I was thinking the same thing all the way up to the 2:00 mark of the game. Then the D couldn't get off the field.

Blog Entries

I wonder if Film could total up the number of drops the receivers have had this year?

I'd be surprised if between everyone there weren't at least 15-20 drops total this season.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I had no question in my mind that once we got the ball back we would have scored a TD. The Defense had other plans though.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I wonder if Film could total up the number of drops the receivers have had this year?

I'd be surprised if between everyone there weren't at least 15-20 drops total this season.
    According to this site the Ravens are tied for 4th with 17 drops, although it's not clear how up to date that is. Hard to believe there's a team with more but they say the Browns have 23. The Patriots only have 7 -- that's nuts!

And for the record I also thought the offense was going to score in that situation. 100% confident. Seattle was on the verge of imploding with all those penalties at that point and the crowd was getting antsy. Now I'm getting pissed again.

Blog Entries

I thought they'd score as well. But yeah, the D didn't want to tackle Marshawn Lynch so they had a different idea for winning the game. In all honesty, they kept the Reed fumbles to only 6 points so I guess its a wash in the end.

Hard to blame the D. The offense put them out on the field a lot when they shouldnt have been and held the Hawks to 2 fgs with the fumbles in our red zone. Defense had a lot of stands and I think they did a great job. Cary Williams and Webby had excellent games, Carr...well he reminded me of Frank Walker. I feel as we may be seeing some Jimmy Smith unleashed here soon. We were not getting a lot of pressure but there was a lot of times Jackson was throwing quick outs and and safe throws to the backs. We still hold a big advantage in our division, take out cincy and keep pace with pgh and we get tham much needed home playoff game and possible 1st round bye.

Yeah I was also very confident that if we got the ball back we'd able to score...

Yeah, I had the 99.99 percent feeling too. It's a shame the defense couldn't get off of the field, and the "gassed" excuse is just that, an excuse. They couldn't get off of the field several other times as well earlier in the game. Plus they'd just been resting while the Ravens offense had been on the field for some time.

Gassed or not, you don't let a team with a 1st and 20 and the game on the line get a first down. That's inexcusable. Several times on that drive guys were standing around and confused.