Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Only 12 Rushing Attempts .... 12?!?!?!

For me, this is the most inexcusable stat of the night.

This stat tells me the whole story of the night. Cam never once thought the run was a viable option last night, yet when we did run the ball, the average was over 6 yards a carry. So when Rice / Williams had the ball, they could and did move the ball.

Yet only 12 attempts?!?!?

This team was never once out of the game to the point where the run had to be abandoned.

Shameful. And another nail in Cam's coffin, IMO.

Blog Entries

Re: Only 12 Rushing Attempts .... 12?!?!?!

If Rice doesn't get at least 20 touches next week, Cam should be fired on the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    For me, this is the most inexcusable stat of the night.

This stat tells me the whole story of the night. Cam never once thought the run was a viable option last night, yet when we did run the ball, the average was over 6 yards a carry. So when Rice / Williams had the ball, they could and did move the ball.

Yet only 12 attempts?!?!?

This team was never once out of the game to the point where the run had to be abandoned.

Shameful. And another nail in Cam's coffin, IMO.
    Harbaugh needs to have more control of his team and create an identity. He has too many ties with Cam Cameron and allows him to much leaveway. When a coach doesn't perform the head coach needs to intervene. I will be glad when Cam is gone. I have seen just too much from him. He doesn't use his players skills correctly. He has a game plan for some other team and not who is sitting on the bench next to him.

Blog Entries

Everyone is complaining about the running game and Rightfully so.

I've seen comments about Rice not running very well when giving the rock and that the OL is not blocking well.

Really?

Rice 4.1 Y.P Carry
    Williams 4.3 Y.P Carry

You have to attempt running the ball to break one and stick with it if you don't break one in the first 10 carries.
    So where is the running game, because 4.1 a carry is good.
    Answer. Cam does not know how to balance a game plan or adjust a game plan to win a game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    Everyone is complaining about the running game and Rightfully so.

I've seen comments about Rice not running very well when giving the rock and that the OL is not blocking well.

Really?

Rice 4.1 Y.P Carry
    Williams 4.3 Y.P Carry

You have to attempt running the ball to break one and stick with it if you don't break one in the first 10 carries.
    So where is the running game, because 4.1 a carry is good.
    Answer. Cam does not know how to balance a game plan or adjust a game plan to win a game.

Bingo.

Pointed that out yesterday and no one really had anything to say about it.

If I'm Rice, I'm pretty pissed off and am going to Harbs directly and letting him know what's up.

Harbaugh has GOT to have the guts to go over to Cam and smack him in the head and say "No!"
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Correction .....

Take away Flacco's two scrambles and the Smith end around and there were only 9 pure rushes from the RB's

Nine.

Let that soak in for a second.

Blog Entries

I agree. Something needs to happen. Rice seemed very pissed on the side line.
    The problem is that we have Sizzle making comments about running the ball and not Harbs. How does one of your Defensive players see the need to get Rice the ball and yet Harbs says nothing. It's unacceptable at this level.
    Rice should be touching the ball 15-20 + a game and not including catches. If Rice touches the ball 15, then Williams should have 10 (and seems to be running well). Bring back a two headed monster.

What happened to what this team did so well in the prevous years. Joe is 30-35 att QB, not a 40+. I'll take some hits for that comment but it is true. If they can honestly sit there and say we need to throw the ball to save the clock, then Cam needs to re-think his stragey because 5-7 yard passes eats up more clock then 4-5 yard runs, while you sit and wait for your WR's to come back from running routes, etc.

Cam is very predictable.

To be fair, Harbs cannot run his mouth to the media the way the players do. To do so would be the height of unprofessionalism.

He does though have a responsibility to dig in Cam's ass for only calling 9 running plays all night.

It was yet another sorry example of Game Plan Über Alles.

Don't trust your eyes, don't trust your ears, trust in the Game Plan. Yes, all the compartments below the water line are flooded, we're listing heavily to port, power is flickering and we're about to enter pitch darkness, it's icy cold and we don't have enough lifeboats, but that's OK, the captain tells us we have a really good Game Plan and we need to stick to it.

Cam is not a stupid man, but he might possibly be the most stubborn person on planet Earth. He must crunch a lot of numbers and convince himself, like an obsessive but losing gambler in Vegas, that he's nailed down all the angles, computed all the probabilities, and if he pursues a particular strategy and does not waver from it, that it will lead to victory no matter how counterintuitive it might seem to everyone.

And counterintuitive it does indeed appear! Regularly! Which we could forgive if it actually worked more than just a few rare times. Cam is the second-rate mad scientist who never creates an awesome monster but instead only some oddball machines that rarely work. The weird imbalanced plans usually fail, and the worst part about it is that the shortcomings are obvious. Nine rushing attempts by RBs, is it? Good lord. Even we armchair fans know that's not the way to win football games.

Some posters here (not in this thread) are under the delusion that the "run wasn't working" so Cam was "forced" to try something else. No. Cam barely even tried running the ball. He was never interested in running the ball. That decision was made before the team jet landed in Seattle.

There have been other games this year where Cam actually had a balanced attack going. Sometimes it worked better than others, but it's clear that Cam is capable of calling that kind of offense. It's equally clear that yesterday he chose not to, without that condition being forced upon him. He was 100% willing to leave the run game to an afterthought before the opening kickoff.

All that said, there are many reasons we lost that game and I wouldn't put Cam-Cam at the top of the list. It doesn't excuse his abandonment of the run game for no good reason, however, and I look forward to a new offensive coordinator in 2012. :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    To be fair, Harbs cannot run his mouth to the media the way the players do. To do so would be the height of unprofessionalism.

He does though have a responsibility to dig in Cam's ass for only calling 9 running plays all night.
    I know that, but the point is Cam is not making adjustments and Harbs says nothing.
    Montgomery had to say something to Cam in Pitt to get him to make adjustments and put Boldin in the slot.

Blog Entries

Why doesn't Joe check to the run when the D is not crowding the line? anyone???

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Why doesn't Joe check to the run when the D is not crowding the line? anyone???
    You assume he has been given that kind of control.

You also assume the play called is one where you can check to a run. Many pass plays (i.e. 4 WR's and no back) you're already committed.

When your RB's only touch the ball 9 times, that's a coaching decision, not a QB decision.