Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: OT - Paterno announces retirement

Now read this Grand Jury report and say we are holier than thou.

BTW, it looks like the Feds are getting involved now. It's blowing up big time.

WARNING: VERY GRAPHIC

http://cbspittsburgh.files.wordpress...resentment.pdf

JoePa protected his friend and more importantly his school's reputation for a lot of years. In that time a lot of little boys were severely injured by a serial predator.

What JoePa did by ignoring what he knew was going on was criminal. Anyone who was involved with Sandusky having access to little boys and the Penn State facilities he used to sexually abuse those little boys was a party to this.

Anyone who knew about the abuse and did not report it to authorities, not the college authorities, real life authorities, is a party to the abuse and should be prosecuted. They enabled this monster for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    BTW, it looks like the Feds are getting involved now. It's blowing up big time.

[/url]
    This is a good thing. To many winks, back room handshakes and good old boys deals have been done during the course of this thing. It seems like a good thing to have the Feds/FBI investigate and uncover the entirety of how and why this happened. It should have happened much sooner
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    JoePa protected his friend and more importantly his school's reputation for a lot of years. In that time a lot of little boys were severely injured by a serial predator.

What JoePa did by ignoring what he knew was going on was criminal. Anyone who was involved with Sandusky having access to little boys and the Penn State facilities he used to sexually abuse those little boys was a party to this.

Anyone who knew about the abuse and did not report it to authorities, not the college authorities, real life authorities, is a party to the abuse and should be prosecuted. They enabled this monster for decades.
    You know I could almost buy the "I told who I was supposed to defense" if Sandusky had been persona non gratis from that point forward. Sadly though he still used facilities, attended practice, interacted with the coaches and players etc.... Everyone just carried on as if this guy was a retired coach in good standing when everyone involved knew EXACTLY what this guy was. They made a conscious decision to sweep it under the rug and not air their dirty laundry. As a result numerous lives are now scarred and in some cases completely ruined. I don't care how much good you do in the world or for a university, you don't get a free pass for that. NO WAY.

If you were Paterno and you really cared about what this monster was doing to children, why would you not get on the phone with the cops or a CPS person the FIRST TIME you saw this deviant strolling on campus with children or on a road trip with a child. Especially knowing what Joe knew and heard. Just read the grand jury report and JOEPA'S OWN WORDS IF YOU THINK HE DID NOT KNOW. Personally I would feel much better today about JoePA as a person if he was caught smoking crack Marion Berry style in the locker room with 3 hookers than I do knowing he sat idly by while a predator used his connections to the PSU football program to woo his victims. There is very little I cannot forgive, harming or turning your back on the most vulnerable and helpless members of our society (our children) is the one thing that I just have a hard time forgiving. How you treat those who cannot help themselves is the best TRUE indicator of the true nature of a person..... in this regard JoePA and his cronies are EPIC FAILS.

Say what you will, any normal human being who becomes aware that a grown man molested or had inappropriate contact with a child and then see that same man repeatedly around children but does not have the alarm bells go off in a serious way is either stupid beyond belief (Which JoePA is anything but) or has a different agenda than any other moral and decent person would have. . Doing nice deeds for the camera's is one thing, its when the cameras are not looking and you are faced with a moral dilemma that we really find out what a person is REALLY ABOUT. Now we know the real JoePA
    Last edited by Ravenous1; 11-09-2011 at 10:50 PM.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Breaking news - Paterno fired.

Kudos to the board for not allowing this guy to go out on his own terms. He doesn't deserve it.

Shame on Joe for not doing the right thing and stepping down on his own. He forced the board of trustees to do this, they never had a choice. Joe could have diffused this powder keg that is now happy valley. I hope the student who will be livid about this do not go acting crazy. If they do I blame Joe and it will only further taint his career.

Its like something out of the Twilight Zone. On the other hand its just the continued demonstration of the type of arrogance, disregard for decency and sense of entitlement that lead to this whole mess occurring in the first place. For those of us who wonder where professional and amatuer athletes get their sense of entitlement and belief that the rules just do not apply to them, just take a close look at Paterno's actions, attitudes and statements and that is all you need to know. It ingrained into these kids because its ingrained into the very system which develops them as athletes.
    -Ray Lewis

From what I'm hearing on twitter, it's getting ugly. Students are tearing down light poles, couple kids have been maced by police, and tear gas is being used to control the crowds.

http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23PSUCharges

Quote Originally Posted by SteelFaninBMore View Post
    From what I'm hearing on twitter, it's getting ugly. Students are tearing down light poles, couple kids have been maced by police, and tear gas is being used to control the crowds.

http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23PSUCharges
    And all Paterno can say in his statement just released is Right now I am not the football coach and thats something I have to get used to....Really???? Yea thats gonna really help things. What the hell is wrong with this guy and why the hell have they not put a muzzle on him or tied him up and put him a closet for his own good. Dear god man.....

RIGHT NOW I am not the football coach and thats something I wil have to get used to???? Is it just me or is that almost inviting trouble. Right Now implies that could change.
    -Ray Lewis

Agreed. Best thing Paterno could do for his tarnished legacy right now is get in front of a camera and tell these kids to go home.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelFaninBMore View Post
    Agreed. Best thing Paterno could do for his tarnished legacy right now is get in front of a camera and tell these kids to go home.
    Amen..... this totally unbelievable. Paterno's career was already tainted by this mess. If things continue to unravel and things get violent etc..... it will only be tainted worse. This is insane.

Unbelievable.
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Paterno was fired so was the Prez.

Some students gathered at Paterno's house. Wife came out crying, thanked them for their support and told them to go home. We'll see if anyone listens.

The main crowd seems to be still growing, and like most protests, is swelling with people who don't have any horse in the race, but just want to riot for the sake of it. That's when things start getting really dangerous.