no testimony,
    Wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    no facts,
    Wrong.

no defense.
    No kidding.

What's your point? We aren't allowed to discuss what's right in front of our faces until the jury's verdict? Don't confuse a constitutional right to a trial with a hope and a prayer that people won't find out what you've done.

I'd been looking forward to this particular conversation on this particular board but it wasn't meant to be.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Re: OT - Paterno announces retirement

This thread is done.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Nothing quite like a 21st Century character lynching.

No trial, no testimony, no facts, no defense. Anything that the 'accused' says, thinks, or does - to the lynch mob is a admission of guilt - hang them, hang'm higher!
    Paterno ADMITTED he was advised of the situation and what he did in regard to it was ridiculous.

He should be arrested as well. How many more boys were assaulted after he had knowledge and did not call police?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    This thread is done.
    And Trap has a week's vacation. There is no choice here.

Re: The Penn State Scandal Thread

Hey all.

After getting some feedback from some people, I have decided to re-open the thread for discussion. There are people, even members of this forum who went to PSU, hurting over this right now and there should be a place to vent that and discuss this.

I have done the best job I could cleaning out the trash posts that killed the thread. I swept with a pretty wide broom, and if you see one of your posts in this list I promise you it was in attempt to remove the side conversation that broke out and nothing more.

And I will give this one-time warning. Anyone who attempts to derail this thread with anything other than the topic at hand, tries to use the thread for a political statement or some other kind of thing like that, will get an instant 7 day ban, no negotiation or questions asked. This is a horrible tragedy and it will not be used to advance a personal agenda or politics.

Thanks everyone for your understanding. Carry on please.

Blog Entries

Re: The Penn State Scandal Thread

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Hey all.

After getting some feedback from some people, I have decided to re-open the thread for discussion. There are people, even members of this forum who went to PSU, hurting over this right now and there should be a place to vent that and discuss this.

I have done the best job I could cleaning out the trash posts that killed the thread. I swept with a pretty wide broom, and if you see one of your posts in this list I promise you it was in attempt to remove the side conversation that broke out and nothing more.

And I will give this one-time warning. Anyone who attempts to derail this thread with anything other than the topic at hand, tries to use the thread for a political statement or some other kind of thing like that, will get an instant 7 day ban, no negotiation or questions asked. This is a horrible tragedy and it will not be used to advance a personal agenda or politics.

Thanks everyone for your understanding. Carry on please.
    Thanks Stinger.

I for one have lost two friends over this. One, who works in the media and he and his media types thought the extinction of the Black Rhino was more newsworthy then some "College coach" getting canned. Of course even after I explained the circumstances, I was still labeled "troll".

The other is a PSU alumni who thinks "JoPa" can do no wrong, regardless. I just wished him a happy life, but having people who think like that in my life was unhealthy for me.

My boss is a Penn State grad.

I was shocked when he said "they all deserve to burn in hell". I just assumed he'd defend JoePa but instead was wishing for police prosecution.

Blog Entries

Re: The Penn State Scandal Thread (Re-Opened)

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    My boss is a Penn State grad.

I was shocked when he said "they all deserve to burn in hell". I just assumed he'd defend JoePa but instead was wishing for police prosecution.
    One of my wife's wealthy clients is a Penn State grad as well, he gave tons of money to the school over the years. Now, he said no more, not a red cent.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    One of my wife's wealthy clients is a Penn State grad as well, he gave tons of money to the school over the years. Now, he said no more, not a red cent.
    I don't really get that mindset.

One man committed the acts. A few others either did not report it or covered it up. They all should be and look they are being punished accordingly.

The school and all of it's students and all of it's other athletic programs in my opinion shouldn't be punished as well. Just my opinion though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I don't really get that mindset.

One man committed the acts. A few others either did not report it or covered it up. They all should be and look they are being punished accordingly.

The school and all of it's students and all of it's other athletic programs in my opinion shouldn't be punished as well. Just my opinion though.
    I agree with both points of view. On one hand, you can see where the university is going to be taking big hits like this and most of the faculty and students do not deserve that.

On the other hand, an example should be made to the rest of the world on how things like this can bring down a university. And maybe the university should take that hit and its numbers be reduced.