Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Pats cut Haynesworth (merged threads, moved from 24x7)

Just online.

Blog Entries

Re: Pats cut Haynesworth

About time. Talk about a waste of space. Chad should be next

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    About time. Talk about a waste of space.
    Chad should be next

That might be only a matter of time

Blog Entries

Although someone will take a chance on him, I can't imagine him being productive... not with that 40 million (or whatever it was) guaranteed from the Skins

Blog Entries

This is just another example of how the brains behind the Pats personnel decisions were Pioli and Dimitroff. Both those guys have brought a ton of talent to their new teams while the Pats are left with trying to get enough quantity to hope that 10% actually work. Once Brady declines it's going to be no different than the Colts.

This is all funny to me.

The Pats made huge FA signings. The Eagles made a huge splash. And our Ravens let go of big-name vets who signed with other teams.

While all that was happening, Ravens fan forums everywhere were in FULL panic mode.

9 weeks into the season....the Pats signing have proven to be flops. The Eagles are 3 -5. Most of the players the Ravens released (or didn't re-sign) have done nothing.

And the Baltimore Ravens are sitting at 6 -2 having SWEPT the Steelers.

If you don't know already, we have one of the best front offices in the league. Sure, I think they took a couple of risks in starting/playing a bunch of rookies and 2nd year players. But those risks have paid off.

About time. Talk about a waste of space. Chad should be next
    Lmao :word

8. Re: Pats cut Haynesworth

I would really not be shocked to see the Jets pick him up.

I agree with GOTA. Kraft has put too much faith in Bill. Now that's not to say it was unwarranted because he's proven (cheating or not) that he's one of the best coaches ever.

The issue is that the Pats have become Bill, Tom and little else. The brains/support staff (Pioli, Dimitroff, Weiss, Crennel, McDaniel etc.) have gone elsewhere and not been replaced.

Bill is one man and its simply too much for him to be the coach, talent evaluator/draftor and Player Personnel man.

As for Albert, he's done. If he can't get in shape and be ready to play for NE then he's not going to do it for anyone. Hope he saved his money because he won't see another NFL paycheck again.....then again I hope the Bengals pick him up so he can become a cancer in their otherwise family like locker room. It would be just like Mike Brown to do it for no good reason.

Albert Haynesworth, meet Adailus Thomas.
    the Pats don't scare me too much any more.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSide View Post
    This is all funny to me.

The Pats made huge FA signings. The Eagles made a huge splash. And our Ravens let go of big-name vets who signed with other teams.

While all that was happening, Ravens fan forums everywhere were in FULL panic mode.

9 weeks into the season....the Pats signing have proven to be flops. The Eagles are 3 -5. Most of the players the Ravens released (or didn't re-sign) have done nothing.

And the Baltimore Ravens are sitting at 6 -2 having SWEPT the Steelers.

If you don't know already, we have one of the best front offices in the league. Sure, I think they took a couple of risks in starting/playing a bunch of rookies and 2nd year players. But those risks have paid off.
    AMEN!

This is just another example of how the brains behind the Pats personnel decisions were Pioli and Dimitroff. Both those guys have brought a ton of talent to their new teams while the Pats are left with trying to get enough quantity to hope that 10% actually work. Once Brady declines it's going to be no different than the Colts.
    What's that? Haynesworth gone? Ochocino has a whopping 5 catches on the year? What happened to this:

"Yes, Bill Belichick is good. Yes he is.

That's a joke -- and while it's true that if you arranged the Belichick haters into one straight line, it would indeed circle the planet, even the fiercest of Belichick haters must admit what Belichick has accomplished in the past 24 hours has been amazing. Even for him."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...s-is-something

Every time I hear the media heaping praise on Bellichick for any move he makes, I'm always reminded of how the media was treating Mike Shanahan 10 years ago, when he was the resident genius-coach who could do no wrong. How's he looking these days, without a HOF QB (and HOF-caliber RB) to execute his "brilliant" offensive schemes?

I do give Bellichick credit for one thing though: They stock-pile draft picks well, which gives them the flexibility to make these kind of mistakes w/out mortgaging their future.

Still, it'll be really interesting to see if BB is still a genius after Brady retires, or if he morphs back into the coach who had exactly 1 winning season and an overall record of 41-55 in his first 6 years on the job.