Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ESPN: Ray in best shape ever; "Scary"

Re: ESPN: Ray in best shape ever; "Scary"

I hope it shows on the field
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

AWESOME ! That's exactly the kind of thing I love to see/read in the off-season!
    ... They shall mount up with wings as Eagles;

Ray even better than he is!?! Niccce.

Awesome. Those quotes are exactly what I hoped to see when Ray Ray showed up in June. This season cannot get here fast enough.

I still don't know how people can say his game is down... What did he have near 160 tackles or something?!?
    Doesn't sound like a down season to me.

GO RAY!
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!

Ray has always talked like that. I think before the 2005 season he was talking about how his goal was to be league MVP and he was in the best shape of his career then.

Not bashing him or anything, but just saying that talking has always been a part of his game. He backs it up on the field this year and I'll be happy!

Scarey? Yeah, so was the first version of Stephen King's 'The Shining'

They are about equally true.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

Leading.

By.

Example.

Best.

Linebacker.

Ever.

For whatever reason I just can't stop thinking about all the poster whether it be here or YBR who wanted him out of Baltimore for a measly 3rd round pick. Some just didnt even want the guy. So what the guy wanted to make some improvements and voiced it-- as always he was right. Usually there is group consensus about the state of ravens and now it seems that Ray has won back some of the fair weather ray fans. Baltimore is a tough town in that respect.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Before last sesaon I would have dumped him for a third. I was wrong. I thoguht the defense didn't miss a beat without him. I was worng, it would. Not that it wouldn't STILL be an elite unit, but it appears that Ray's uneasieness and crybabyness was blown a bit out of proportion in the media. I'm always in favor of dumping over-priced, entitled vet's that don't try and continuaously hone their craft to ensure they are at the top of their game, and as such do everything they can to help their team win, for measly draft picks. Remember, it is measly draft picks that become pro-bowlers in Ozzie's hands. So maybe it was me that you remember, and if so, here I am admitting I was wrong.
    But in this post, I will do as I did then, as I was singing the dump the Lewis'(plural) song. So, I was 1 for two, as Jamal was one of the biggest handicaps to this teams success a year ago. We would have been a better team without him, without even replacing him on the roster. I stick to my guns, that from '04 to '06 Jamal was a detriment to this team, and cost them multiple victories, and possibly playoff Wins at that. He is the EPITOME of my top paragraph... A Vet that no longer tries in practice or in a game, more likley to be seen smoking cigarettes then lifting weights, and it showed for three seasons. Even worse, he not only was an untouchable, entitled starter for some reason, but her also "needed" hsi 30 carries a game, and EVEDN WORSE, needed a bodyguard on the football field(FB), couldn't catch or passblock.
    So I was 1 for 2... oh well. Imagine going back to the end of '03 and getting a couple of firsts for him(Jamal)..... imagine where we'd be now. I'd imagaine at least a single Lombardi.
    Last season Ray reversed my feelings by going out game in and game out, rallying the troops and playing 100%, jsut like every season before. He again showed he is still an elite MLB, on top of his leadership skills. I am still very agaisnt extending his contract at this point, and feel that if he can wait until there is only a single year remaining, as is ALWAYS the case, then he can have his golden parachute then. As long as he is realistic in his contract demands, I am fine with him retiring a Raven on his own schedule. And by reasonable, I am not even saying "hometown discount", but moreso, I'd continue to pay him "top dollar" for a player at his advanced age, i.e. smallerand shorter then AD just got. maybe a 3 year 13 million dollar extension after this yearHeck, he can have all of it save for vet Min's up front.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    For whatever reason I just can't stop thinking about all the poster whether it be here or YBR who wanted him out of Baltimore for a measly 3rd round pick. Some just didnt even want the guy. So what the guy wanted to make some improvements and voiced it-- as always he was right. Usually there is group consensus about the state of ravens and now it seems that Ray has won back some of the fair weather ray fans. Baltimore is a tough town in that respect.
    Ugh.

I don't like agreeing with you CR, but this is dead on.

Hell, people were willing to ship him out for a 4th rounder.

Funny how things change.

PP