Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Golden Opportunity

Week 1 was good, but this week is the true test to see whether or not this team can get the Pittsburgh monkey off its back. Yes, it's only week 9 but this game pretty much will decide the division to me. The Steelers win over the Pats last week puts a lot more pressure on the Ravens to win this game. I have confidence the defense will do its thing, but there's still plenty of doubt as to whether Joe and the offense can deliver when we need it the most. This is a perfect opportunity to prove everyone wrong.

GO RAVENS! :ww:
    90% of the game is half mental

Blog Entries

Re: Golden Opportunity

Not just that, look at the rest of their schedule. If they go one up on us not sure we can make up ground, they have a cake walk to the playoffs.

SF might have a chance
    but Cincy with a Rookie QB and Dick running the D, i see them dropping off as soon as they start playing us and Pitt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    Not just that, look at the rest of their schedule. If they go one up on us not sure we can make up ground, they have a cake walk to the playoffs.

SF might have a chance
    but Cincy with a Rookie QB and Dick running the D, i see them dropping off as soon as they start playing us and Pitt.
    Yeah, the Ravens can't afford to go into the playoffs as a WC team because they've proven they can't get to the SB in that position. The Ravens are damn near unbeatable at home so they need to find a way to win the division at all costs.

Blog Entries

I wouldn't count them out as a wild card with the D playing that way, but the division route would be nice for a change.

Who would we have to worry about in the playoffs if we have to travel.

NE (who we have beat in the playoffs in NE)
    Pitt

We don't have to worry about the Colts who worry me more than the Steelers when Manning is under center and the inability to convert against their D.

Not to worried about a team from the South or West which would likely be our 1st trip if we go WC.

I wouldn't count them out as a wild card with the D playing that way, but the division route would be nice for a change.

Pitt

We don't have to worry about the Colts who worry me more than the Steelers when Manning is under center and the inability to convert against their D.

Not to worried about a team from the South or West which would likely be our 1st trip if we go WC.
    But I want the hat & t-shirt that say "Division Champs" on them!!! lol
    Last edited by EdReed4HOF; 11-02-2011 at 10:28 PM.

Blog Entries

Absolutely!!!

We (the fans) deserve a home game after going on the road for 3 straight years.

Looks like it's just me and you holding your thread down....

Absolutely!!!

We (the fans) deserve a home game after going on the road for 3 straight years.

Looks like it's just me and you holding your thread down....
    Don't be alarmed gentlemen the great SugarRay has arrived, you may now bow down to me

LOL

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    Don't be alarmed gentlemen the great SugarRay has arrived, you may now bow down to me

LOL
    Sorry bud, I have this terrible cramp in my leg that prevents me from bowing down. lol

Sorry bud, I have this terrible cramp in my leg that prevents me from bowing down. lol
    Then I guess I will have to call upon the great Paul Kruger to heal you.

LOL

If the Ravens beat the Steelers they have a chance to grab the conference lead as well, so it is a big game. The Patriots were exposed last week so the AFC race is really wide-open now with the Ravens, Steelers, and Patriots being the favorites. Behind them, the talent-level really drops off. I don't think the Bills, Jets, or Texans are serious contenders for a SB.

Quote Originally Posted by EdReed4HOF View Post
    Yeah, the Ravens can't afford to go into the playoffs as a WC team because they've proven they can't get to the SB in that position.
    The 2000 Super Bowl team was a wild card team.

Blog Entries

Pitt

We lost to a 1 win Jaguar team on the road. I'd be worried about any road game in playoffs up to the Super Bowl.