Blog Entries

Browns Cut Robiskie

A ton of Ravens fans, myself included, wanted to spend a 2nd round pick on WR Brian Robiskie. The Browns were the ones who ended up doing just that and they officially told the world that it was a mistake. In 3 seasons Robiskie has 39 catches for 441 yards and 3 touchdowns. For someone who looked to be the mature, perfect route running, possession receiver in college it's amazing how poor he was as a pro. Robiskie is another example of how difficult judging receivers in the draft really is.

Blog Entries

Re: Browns Cut Robiskie

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    A ton of Ravens fans, myself included, wanted to spend a 2nd round pick on WR Brian Robiskie. The Browns were the ones who ended up doing just that and they officially told the world that it was a mistake. In 3 seasons Robiskie has 39 catches for 441 yards and 3 touchdowns. For someone who looked to be the mature, perfect route running, possession receiver in college it's amazing how poor he was as a pro. Robiskie is another example of how difficult judging receivers in the draft really is.
    Not so sure it's is simple as that. He was on the Browns ya know. There are players who just don't perform well in certain, environments, offenses etc.

I'm not saying he is going to be a Pro-bowler. But I think he could turn it around.

Blog Entries

I was gonna post this yesterday; a lot of posters, me included wanted him on the Ravens. Not sure what happened but he will likely land somewhere. where is his dad coaching these days, Atlanta?

Rams could use him

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

It seems like any time a prospect is labelled "pro-ready" or high-floor they end up flopping. Gabbert had that label and he looks to be the worst of this crop of rookie QBs. I think you have to roll the dice on superior athleticism and hope you can teach technique.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

It is difficult for a receiver to develop without a quality QB throwing him the ball, in a consistent offensive system. Robiskie, in my opinion, had neither. So, unless he was a Larry Fitzgerald/Calvin Johnson type of prospect, his chances of succeeding in Cleveland were minimized. If he catches on with a team that has an established offense, working himself in as a third or fourth receiver, you might be surprised to see how well he performs.

On the other hand, I never had a good grasp of how Robiskie's character played out, and that is certainly important to the process of developing into a quality NFL player.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Robiskie ends up with the Jags. He's now in an even worse QB situation. Given how poor his route running has been I don't see his situation improving. Robiskie will be looking for a job in 2012.

Meanwhile Greg Little who is a rookie WR with the Browns has the second most catches of any rookie receiver in the NFL. Little is proof that it's not the system in Cleveland. It's the player.

Blog Entries

I wonder if DeCosta still wanted him.

He told me the main WR he liked in the Oher draft was Robiskie
    taken in the 2d round by Cleveland.

He didn't like Nicks and took Kruger the Beast over Mike Wallace. Actually, I don't think
    he knew about Wallace even though he lined up with
    Oher.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Robiskie ends up with the Jags. He's now in an even worse QB situation. Given how poor his route running has been I don't see his situation improving. Robiskie will be looking for a job in 2012.

Meanwhile Greg Little who is a rookie WR with the Browns has the second most catches of any rookie receiver in the NFL. Little is proof that it's not the system in Cleveland. It's the player.
    You also returned to your criticism of the Ravens lack of movement, in finding a pass rusher during the off-season, after the Tennessee game. Let's give this time to play out.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore