Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sports radio for Ravens fans.

Besides 105.7 and Nestor's station, am I missing anything? Thanks to smartphones and streaming.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Facebook -> Craig.Ciurca
    Twitter -> @papa_ciurca
    Instagram -> @papa_ciurca

Re: Sports radio for Ravens fans.

1370? Or did they change formats?

Don't know why it took me so long to take the plunge into Sirius but I really enjoy Channel 88, the NFL Channel. The hosts provide great insight, often witty and genuinely respectful of callers. When I exit the car, I always feel more informed.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

As Tony hints...Siriux XM NFL Channel beats them all.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    As Tony hints...Siriux XM NFL Channel beats them all.
    That's the way to go. Local sports radio is like watching the minor leagues. If you want to really learn about the game you need to listen to SiriusXM NFL Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Saltwater_Rider View Post
    Besides 105.7 and Nestor's station, am I missing anything? Thanks to smartphones and streaming.

WJZ-FM (105.7) also owns WJFK-AM (1300) and sometimes has different sports programming running on there. It tends to be more of the national ESPN stuff -- like The Manboy and Meathead Show, which I can't list to for more than three minutes usually.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltwater_Rider

105.7, sports radio for novices.

I was listening this morning to 105.7 and it made me realize what a mess they made out of the morning show with Steve Davis and Ed Norris. They really set up both of these guys to fail.

It seems like a classic mistake of trying to be all things to all people.

Ed was great in the role he was originally cast in on that station where he could talk about the inner workings of the city, local and national politics, homeland security, pop culture, a little sports, etc.

Then the station went with the all-sports format. Rather than keeping the show the way it was, or buying out his contract and developing a true sports talker, they tried to keep his old audience and add the hardcore sports audience. The result is a watered down product that really doesn't appeal to either. The sports content doesn't appeal to most of his old audience; and for the true sports fan, the approach is superficial. The result fails both audiences.

Not to say that Ed doesn't know anything about sports, but it comes across as second-nature to him, and it really wastes his real talent.

And it puts Davis in a position of trying to pull along a weighted down format in a very forced way.

Too bad, because that station has improved its line-up over time in other dayparts, especially by embracing the WNST cast-offs.

I still say what I've said for two or three years -- the morning slot should be given to Ken Weinman and Jeremy Conn, and Ed Norris should move to WBAL AM.

Sirius NFL is amazing. Smart hosts and even better callers.

10. Re: Sports radio for Ravens fans.

Sirius is the way to go, better sports talk, better music stations, comedy. I refuse to listen to FM radio these days!

I really enjoy Bob Haynie and Rob Long the most out of local shows, I wish they were on during rush hour instead of Scott and Jeremy.

Blog Entries

SiriusXM, I've been saying it for years, thanks to Bulldog, Ron Burgandy, & Marks for getting me there!