Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can the Chargers still blame Cam?

For Philip Rivers playing like Kyle Boller?

Just curious... :happyanim

Re: Can the Chargers still blame Cam?

But...I thought Rivers was "elite"? Not so much this year eh?

Same with Brees....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    But...I thought Rivers was "elite"? Not so much this year eh?

Same with Brees....
    Brees killed my fantasy team this week. Derrick freakin Johnson as an IDP put up more points than him (1).
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

People act like these "elite" QBs never threw a pass that wasn't perfect or had a bad game.

As far as San Diego, NOBODY ever said that Norv Turner was "better" than Cam. Norv's hanging on - but by the end of the season Cam will be "swimming with the fishes"

River's throws a "shot put" as well. He is ugly to watch and I can't understand how that ball ever reaches it's target. But the ball is pretty accurate... and he's lucky he has WRs that go get it.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    River's throws a "shot put" as well. He is ugly to watch and I can't understand how that ball ever reaches it's target. But the ball is pretty accurate... and he's lucky he has WRs that go get it.
    He didn't last year when he was tearing shit up without Gates and Jackson for much of the year.

No I blame Don Coryell for Norv/Cam...

IMHO, that SD offense was the most exciting offense in the history of the NFL. Problem is that you must have the best OL in the league, a power running back (Muncie), a scatback that can catch the ball out of the backfield (Little Train James), two awesome WRs (Joiner and Jefferson/Chandler), an out of world talented tall, fast TE with great hands(Winslow), and a HOF extremely accurate strong armed QB under center(Fouts) playing in ideal weather conditions (that offense didnt work too well in the Freezer Bowl). Uh, if you don't, the offense doesnt work as well as you want it too. All these coaching disciples have the convenient EXECUTION excuse that if one of those departments does not play as needed, but sometimes these Coryell OCs gotta realize that they have deficiencies, and you gotta adjust to them.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    He didn't last year when he was tearing shit up without Gates and Jackson for much of the year.
    He's always had an ugly throwing motion and thrown jump balls.

Blog Entries

More support for my Coryell system doesnt work in today's NFL argument. take an elite QB surrounded with talent and its still not working.
    -JAB

Right, this bad game by River's totally cancels out the several years worth of production in the same offense.

Just like the Jags game means that when the O worked this week, you insist that it's because we somehow magically changed our offensive philosophy at half time to the WCO.

Chargers had the number 1 offense in all of football last season running the Air Coryell.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Right, this bad game by River's totally cancels out the several years worth of production in the same offense.

Just like the Jags game means that when the O worked this week, you insist that it's because we somehow magically changed our offensive philosophy at half time to the WCO.

Chargers had the number 1 offense in all of football last season running the Air Coryell.
    well what hopefully it will do is shut the idiots up who somehow insist that both Brees and Rivers were better once cameron left.