Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Should T. Doss replace L. Williams ???

I think T. Doss should get more reps in practice this week. L. Williams had his chance already to get some game time action. He's done ok. He had some key drops passes. Why not put in Doss with sure hands and good intermeidate route running skills. November and december is coming up. Keeping offense of possesions going will be key for us. 3rd down conversions will be our make or break. Doss is a perfect 3rd down reciever for us. If Lee evans comes back there is no point of having 3 speedy receivers on the field. I think it is time for Doss to show us what he can bring to the table.

Agree or disagree?

Blog Entries

Re: L. Williams OUT:T. Doss IN

Did Williams really drop that many passes? I only remember him being targeted once and the defender made a nice play to knock the ball out while he was securing it. not sure if id call that a drop. He seems to have a knack for getting open, which is something this offense needs and im sure if Doss was out playing him hed be getting the playing time.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

LaQuan Williams dropped the same third down pass, while running the same route, two weeks in a row. That needs to stop.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Did Williams really drop that many passes?
    Most certainly.

Of the last 12 passes thrown to Williams, he's only caught 2 with 3 obvious drops, including the one yesterday.

Doss needs to out there in his place. He can't be any worse.

Quote Originally Posted by mommathurgoesthatman View Post
    I think T. Doss should get more reps in practice this week. L. Williams had his chance already to get some game time action. He's done ok. He had some key drops passes. Why not put in Doss with sure hands and good intermeidate route running skills. November and december is coming up. Keeping offense of possesions going will be key for us. 3rd down conversions will be our make or break. Doss is a perfect 3rd down reciever for us. If Lee evans comes back there is no point of having 3 speedy receivers on the field. I think it is time for Doss to show us what he can bring to the table.

Agree or disagree?
    Doss has good hands, but can he get any sort of separation against NFL-speed defenders? I'm not sure if he can.

Did Williams really drop that many passes? I only remember him being targeted once and the defender made a nice play to knock the ball out while he was securing it. not sure if id call that a drop. He seems to have a knack for getting open, which is something this offense needs and im sure if Doss was out playing him hed be getting the playing time.
    Williams has looked a bit shaky. That catch was a great play by the defender, like you said, but IIRC he looked shaky on punt returns a couple games back too.

I don't think it's always enough to say, "Well, Player A is clearly better than Player B because the coaches see them all the time and we don't." Yes that's true, but both the fans AND the coaches see them on the day that it matters most... Sunday.

Not to mention we also assumed the coaches knew better than we did what formation Joe works better out of... surely not the shotgun sugar/no huddle that we say yesterday because they would have done it already...?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Most certainly.

Of the last 12 passes thrown to Williams, he's only caught 2 with 3 obvious drops, including the one yesterday.

Doss needs to out there in his place. He can't be any worse.
    this is going into last game as well?

I must have missed them this game, but if true it would make sense for Doss to get more tick, but obviously hes not beating him out in practice. I have to trust the coaches to put the best players on the field and for whatever reason thats not Doss currently.

Good point Akash but i cant really go off anything else since Doss isnt getting ANY playing time. Id assume if he was at least some what equal in play hed get some plays by now, the fact that hes getting none at all makes me believe hes just not where he needs to be.
    -JAB

Agree or disagree?
    The point is a valid one, but I think the thread title is a bit misleading...

Of course, I am a:

I must have missed them this game, but if true it would make sense for Doss to get more tick, but obviously hes not beating him out in practice. I have to trust the coaches to put the best players on the field and for whatever reason thats not Doss currently.
    I just don't know if Doss has the ability to separate at this point. Sure, he can catch a ball, but can he get open?

Agree or disagree?
    Disagree.

Williams has significant special teams value. Special teams are...lacking to be frank. We need to keep the best special teamers we can in there.

If we're that concerned about Williams, it's probably better to run both Dickson and Pitta into the game than to use Doss and have to replace one of the better guys in special teams.

Of course, drops all around need to stop. Dickson and Smith have also had some horrific drops on well-thrown balls.
    Just win baby...

Why not use Dickson or Pitta in that place? They have proven they can catch.

Actually, it's his season total. In reality, it's his total for the last 5 games since he was not targeted in the first two games of the year while Evans was healthy. If I recall correctly (my stat sheets are at home). Williams hasn't caught a pass the last 7 times he's been targeted.