Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Flacco's new contract

Fitzy from Buffalo recently signed:

Six-year, $59 million.
    $24 million in guaranteed money.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...24m-guaranteed

Not many other QBS have been recently signed to long term deals.

I'd be shocked if Flacco got Vick money. (five-year, $80 million, $32.5 million guaranteed.)

So is Fitzy's contract close to what Flacco will get? More or less? Thoughts?

Re: Flacco's new contract

I'd take Flacco w/ that contract in a hot second. I think he'll fall between Fitzy and Vick on a per year basis. My guess would be closer to Vick.

Blog Entries

Flacco will get significantly more than that. I just hope they get him done before Matt Ryan. That's the contract that is all these young QBs are going to use as a model and it will be huge.

Blog Entries

Vick hasn't done anything and neither has Fitz, so if it's around or more than Vick you really can't be suprised. Flacco's helped win 4 playoff games on the road, that's not going to be forgotten at contract time and he still has the rest of this year to go.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

If Flacco got $80 million (like Vick), I'm sure he'd give $20M back just to get rid of Cam.

Don't think that that won't be part of the dynamic in Joe's willingness to "re-up"

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Flacco will get significantly more than that. I just hope they get him done before Matt Ryan. That's the contract that is all these young QBs are going to use as a model and it will be huge.

Yes I agree... Matt Ryans contract is gonna be a big factor in what they pay Joe, not Fitz.

His contract will depend on the outcome of this year. If Flacco does good he will get in the upper level contracts for Qbs. If we does 50/50 this year they will wait until next year to sign him because he still has another year left on his contract so they dont have to rush.

Blog Entries

they can afford to play the waiting game

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Flacco will get a little more than Fitz. I dont think he will even sniff Vick type money.

Blog Entries

well Ben Roethlisberger signed in 2008 for 8 years at 102 million. I cant see him getting paid more than a guy that won 2 SB in the same division. I think with his inconsistency this year he probably hurt his value down to more 10-14 range. id say 6 years at 70ish maybe. guaranteed will probably be where he gets his money, with 40 million or so. Just an estimation obviously trying to fit him in with other known quantities. I cant say the Ravens wouldnt overpay him to show more confidence either though. especially if Ryan gets a hefty contract which hes obviously better than and the same age.
    -JAB

Vick was way overpaid, the Ravens have a history of not overpaying like that.

He'll get more than Fitz for sure, but not near what Vick got. I hope they don't wait until Ryan is signed, because if so, that might really put a stick in the mud.

Blog Entries

How does $72 million for 6 years sound? $12 mil. average, with $40 million guaranteed... Bc