Heap Inactive for todays game

Bummer

Re: Heap Inactive for todays game

huh, after all the media hype, I am pretty surprised.
    ::Flacco Superstar::

edtude took those exact words right out of my mouth...

Bummer.

We all shouted our last "Heeeaaappp" sometime last year and we didn't even know it...

4. Re: Heap Inactive for todays game

Come on Heap.

Run out there and let the fans show their appreciation.

On the other hand, is it any surprise he's not playing due to injury?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    On the other hand, is it any surprise he's not playing due to injury?
    yes it is because despite what some people around here think Heap didnt miss very many games the past 5 seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    yes it is because despite what some people around here think Heap didnt miss very many games the past 5 seasons
    2006 - 16 games
    2007 - 6 games
    2008 - 16 games
    2009 - 16 games
    2010 - 13 games

Despite only '07 being a big string of missed games, Heap did play in most of the games during past 5 seasons. Sure some weren't having him starting, but I think what akashicrecorder was trying to say was that he was almost ALWAYS on the injury list in one way, shape, or form.

(I love Heap, but I'm just stating a fact.)
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

I know its really crazy but in some ways I am kinda glad that he did not play. It would have been nice to see him maybe even give him a honorary HEEEEEAP outta respect. On the other hand had he played and got destroyed by someone, or tore his hammy, or had some other freaky bad luck gods of football irony event happen it would have really sucked. Come on be honest ....cant you have just seen that happening if he did play against this D when not able to play at 100%. It certainly would have been tempting fate IMO on his part
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

I was disappointed the Ravens didn't show a sideline shot of Heap on the Jumbo screen. Would have been nice to chant his name one more time. (maybe they were going to, but being down big early squelched that).
    fla_rave

Blog Entries

Love Heap, always will, but in yesterday's game, Heap was inactive while our young TE's stepped in and played key roles in the win.

That right there is basically why they let him go and broke in the new kids.

Nobody has a crystal ball, so there was no real way to know for sure how it would all go, but the odds were, and you'd have to figure, that Heap would finally start to break down this season. Hence the change. A year early? Maybe. But for one day at least the move paid off big.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CoverD View Post
    he was almost ALWAYS on the injury list in one way, shape, or form.
    Tom Brady has been listed on the injury report for the past 5 years. The injury report really means nothing unless you are listed as out

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    Tom Brady has been listed on the injury report for the past 5 years. The Belichick injury report really means nothing unless you are listed as out
    Fixed.