Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Make Filmstudy rich

We hire Filmstudy to be Ozzy's draft consultant. Presto, no more Kyle Boller/Michael Oher disasters.

Re: Make Filmstudy rich

Right. I'm sure Filmstudy watches 3 times as much tape on college football than Eric Decosta.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Drafting the right players at the right time is an art, yet a lot of it is luck at the same time. Kinda like being a meteorologist...

There are so many variables involved when dealing with living, breathing commodities that there's no guarantee that Film would do any better than what we have now.

Is anybody actually sure that Filmstudy isn't DeCosta or Ozzie???

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Is anybody actually sure that Filmstudy isn't DeCosta or Ozzie???

We must take you to the island now, Ive already said too much..

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Art View Post
    We hire Filmstudy to be Ozzy's draft consultant. Presto, no more Kyle Boller/Michael Oher disasters.
    I can't believe you just put Michael Oher in the same comparable sentence with Kyle Boller!!! I know Oher hasn't played up to his potential this year, but he is MILES above the player Boller was/is

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    I can't believe you just put Michael Oher in the same comparable sentence with Kyle Boller!!! I know Oher hasn't played up to his potential this year, but he is MILES above the player Boller was/is
    A bust is a bust is a bust.

Blog Entries

Oher is a bust? He is at least average. If he gets the penalties under control I'd say he is above average.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    :word

Damn straight.

Severely flawed logic.

1) Oher is 2 years and 6 games into his career and has already reached a level of play above any level that Boller displayed in nearly twice the time in Baltimore.

2) Oher was the redrafted #1 by PFW after the completion of his rookie year. That's how highly he was rated at that stage of his career. It's insanely irrational to think he's gone from stud to dud in a year and 6 games.

3) Oher has started 42 out of a possible 42 games as a pro. Even if you are less than enamored with his level of play this year (as I am), his durability and versatility has been valuable.

4) Using your "bust is a bust is a bust" logic, Robert Gallery would be the same level as Ryan Leaf. Both were #2 overall picks. Leaf was arguably the worst pick in NFL history from a productivity standard. He is the epitome of the word "bust". He had a very short career and was a terrible, terrible quarterback. Gallery was a mediocre to poor starting tackle who has gradually worked himself into a borderline good left guard. By definition, he is a bust as well. When you draft a LT with the 2nd overall pick, you expect a hall of fame caliber performer. Gallery will never be mentioned for Canton, but he is a solid, useful player now and has been for a 4-5 seasons now.

The Raiders, while expecting more from him, did still get value out of him. The Chargers got a severely negative value out of Leaf.

The same thing could be said for Oher. In fact, Oher has been a considerably better OT thusfar than Gallery was to start his career and Oher was taken 21 picks later.

Oher will more than likely, barring injury, start well over 100 games in his career. Hard to label any mid-to-late first rounder who starts for over half a decade as a bust.

It takes 5 seconds to rush to label. It takes far longer to think an opinion through and research it. All busts are not created equally.

Blog Entries

You're probably one of the same knuckleheads that called Kruger a bust.

Oher is far from a bust. He's not awesome, but he's a decent player. Take away the mental mistakes and he's pretty good RT.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    You're probably one of the same knuckleheads that called Kruger a bust.

Oher is far from a bust. He's not awesome, but he's a decent player. Take away the mental mistakes and he's pretty good RT.
    yes... please do!

:D

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!