Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    iggyman555 Guest

If the Defense loses faith in the offense...

do you think Pagano will become more aggressive in order to create more turnovers and that in turn will end up hurting the team more if it doesn't work?

Re: If the Defense loses faith in the offense...

I don't know how much more aggressive they can get....felony battery and dismemberment? They are doing their job.

No. Pagano seems to be a smart defensive coordinator, and I therefore don't think he would do anything counter productive since his schemes thus far has been working very well.

iggyman555 Guest

I agree Pagano has been great, he is very intelligent and the players love him.
    I hope the D doesnt feel like in 2000 where they have to score on Defense to win.

The D in 2000 never complained about the offense. They just went out every week and did their job. If the 2011 D wants to be as good as the 2000 D, then they'll keep quiet about the offense and just do their job every week.

Just because *you're* freaking out about one bad week where the offense did nothing all game doesn't mean the actual *Ravens* are freaking out about one bad week where the offense did nothing.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

iggyman555 Guest

im not freaking out pal. just wanting to hear what ppl think.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRock View Post
    The D in 2000 never complained about the offense. They just went out every week and did their job. If the 2011 D wants to be as good as the 2000 D, then they'll keep quiet about the offense and just do their job every week.
    The worst offensive performance ever against a 1 win team.. That's enough to make anybody a lil chatty.

Blog Entries

The D has to continue to do their thing.

The O has to do theirs. Neither party can really concern themselves too much with the other.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

the defense couldn't get any more aggressive. the offense, otoh, needs to get more conservative.

11. Re: If the Defense loses faith in the offense...

I hope not. that can lead to big play for the opposing offense. Lets just hope our off turns it around

There was a play in the Jacksonville game where the Jaguars fumbled the ball around the 30 yard line and a Ravens defensive player tried to pick it up in a crowd and run with it. The end result was that the Jaguars fell on the ball after the Ravens player didn't field it cleanly. I wonder if that guy (I don't recall who) was thinking that if he didn't take it to the house that the offense was just going to end up kicking a FG. I'm sure that kind of mentality can take place if the offense isn't moving the ball.