Blog Entries

the Bills belong in Buffalo

I said this before, but the people of Toronto do not want the Bills:

"The downside has proven to be a general lack of interest the Bills have received in Toronto. They play in a domed facility that's better suited for baseball, with the stands further removed from the playing field. Overpriced tickets -- a majority of them more than $200 -- have made it difficult to draw fans to the 54,000-seat facility. And many who have shown up either are NFL fans, who root for other teams, or are there to see the opposing team." ~ James Walker

Rest of the Story

Re: the Bills belong in Buffalo

"The deal already has paid off for the Bills. They get about $9.75 million per game in Toronto, more than twice than they generate at Ralph Wilson Stadium. The Bills also have reported a large bump in season-ticket sales from fans across the border, who now represent about 15 percent of the team's base."

As a small market team, having a few games in Toronto seems like a smart business move for the Bills. With the cap floor set to increase in the new CBA, this makes even more sense. With the threat of a financially struggling franchise moving to LA, I'd almost have to consider this a blessing as a Bills fan.

From what I've read the fans in Buffalo are loyal and deserving of 8 home games a year, but if the Bills can increase their 'market' by generating interest in nearby Toronto this can only be good for the franchise in the long run. They may not have much support now, but if they keep playing a game or two there and they put together some competitive teams (which they're doing this season) that could change. And according to the article, it's already paying off.

If I was a Bills fan I'd be worried about this team moving to LA. Growing the Buffalo market to a Buffalo/Toronto market, even if only partially successful, helps the odds of the team staying in Buffalo.
    Last edited by Kyle Cactus; 10-27-2011 at 08:37 AM.

Blog Entries

I don't like it either but better one game in Toronto than eight games in L.A.

At least they gave them an early game in October against an NFC opponent. Not sure if it was last year but they recently had one in December against Miami. That's losing a big home game in frigid weather.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I'm just saying the people of Toronto aren't interested, even if the Bills have made money on it.

I've been there and the people are like "Big Whoop" we have the CFL and the Argonauts and don't get assraped for tickets.

Blog Entries

It's a corporate crowd up there, not really Bills fans. Pretty expensive tickets too. Wouldn't surprise me if there are as many Skins fans as Bills there.

Definetly losing home field advantage.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

It's stupid, just like the games in London. Any international games should strictly be exhibition games.