Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pats at Pitt

Blog Entries

Pats at Pitt

Game of the week and pretty important to most everyone who will see this thread. Was hoping we could kick it around this week.

I know Brady has had great success against that D with something like 71% completion rate, 9 TDs and 1 INT in the past 4 games. And I also know Pitt has struggled in their run game.

But somehow I see the home team winning this one and being able to control the clock and TOP when it matters. That NE defense is improving but not quite there.

What do you folks think?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Re: Pats at Pitt

Ugh.. I really want to say New England - Big.

Pitt secondary is not good, Their Lb's can't stick with NE's TE's.

Their O-line is worse than ours.

The only thing holding me back... NE's defense is not very good either.

I am going to say 27-17 NE

Blog Entries

If Pitt holds them to 27 I think they have a high chance of winning. Pats gameplan has been to score and score and defense be damned.

I heard Pitt is going to have Ike Taylor shadow Welker and IMO that's not a great matchup for Taylor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    If Pitt holds them to 27 I think they have a high chance of winning. Pats gameplan has been to score and score and defense be damned.

I heard Pitt is going to have Ike Taylor shadow Welker and IMO that's not a great matchup for Taylor.
    Actually, the opposite is true. Tomlin said that is not a good role for Ike as Welker plays the slot and Ike covers the outside guys.

I expect to see a high scoring game with the Patriots winning but I can hope can't I?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DkBlue View Post
    Actually, the opposite is true. Tomlin said that is not a good role for Ike as Welker plays the slot and Ike covers the outside guys.

I expect to see a high scoring game with the Patriots winning but I can hope can't I?
    interesting; I heard on SiriusNFL today that Ike would be shadowing him. Doesn't make sense though to have a long lanky guy trying to cover that little shifty dude.

not many teams come into Pitt as the favorite...even if only by 3

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    interesting; I heard on SiriusNFL today that Ike would be shadowing him. Doesn't make sense though to have a long lanky guy trying to cover that little shifty dude.

not many teams come into Pitt as the favorite...even if only by 3
    I got my information from Tomlin's presser. He said that was not a good strategy.

SIrius is usually right on though.
    Last edited by DkBlue; 10-26-2011 at 06:10 PM.

Steelers secondary not good? I do think they might have best defense vs. passing stats in the league right now.

Regardless, I will be surprised if they win. I don't they can't, I just don't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Ugh.. I really want to say New England - Big.

Pitt secondary is not good, Their Lb's can't stick with NE's TE's.

Their O-line is worse than ours.

The only thing holding me back... NE's defense is not very good either.

I am going to say 27-17 NE

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Complex View Post
    Steelers secondary not good? I do think they might have best defense vs. passing stats in the league right now.

Regardless, I will be surprised if they win. I don't they can't, I just don't see it happening.
    Look at the level of competition. And stats don't tell the whole story.

That is correct, stats do not tell the entire story. However, you could argue that against any team. Nobody plays the best teams in the league week in and week out.

They shut Fitzgerald down pretty easily last week. He did have one or two catches, but that was about it. The Cardinals are at best a decent team.

As for the OL, well, despite their rough start, they are gaining some momentum with some good games. Again, I think a win is possible, but the Pats for some reason have them dialed in every single time. A win would be nice.

We all know to beat the Patriots, but "knowing" does not win games! They are that surgical in their execution.

Of course, the Steelers could not possibly be having a decent season on pass defense. It is too terrible to contemplate.

Blog Entries

we'll know in a few days if they have a decent secondary. It's going to be a real chess match

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DkBlue View Post
    Of course, the Steelers could not possibly be having a decent season on pass defense. It is too terrible to contemplate.
    :grbac: