O-line shake up needed

Any suggestions after another sub par game by the o line?

they seem to struggle with delayed blitzes and stunts. Yanda and Gurode look like they were stuck in quick sand a couple of plays and didnt see blizting linebackers or d-line stunts and twist. Oher is a penalty machine. He pointed a the d-lineman who flinch which should have been false start Oher but the ref missed it.

I would really consider moving Oher to right guard and move yanda to right tackle. If he moves to the inside he can get away with more holding instead of being on a island at right tackle where the ref can see him. Have him put his left hand on the Birk's back or shoulder or thigh or some area where he can move when the center move so he wont get false start penalities. That is killing us.

What do you guys think?

Re: O-line shake up needed

I think getting Grubbs back will help. Oher's penalties are annoying but moving Yanda out to tackle reduces his effectiveness. With so many moving parts from last year they need to gel in the positions they're at now, not mix things up again and initiate another period of adjustment.

Blog Entries

Yanda has been having a Pro Bowl year at Guard. They're not going to move him to Tackle. I agree that getting Grubbs back will help. The only other move would be to play Reid at RT and move Oher to LT but the way Oher is playing that's probably not a good idea.

how much more can we take from oher? He gets to many penalities. that hurts us a lot and can really cost us. this has been going on since he came into the leauge. I would like to see oher at guard and another right tackle in. Oher is the fastest linemen in the leauge. he would kill on the inside.

I think it is safe to say, this OL is not the same without Grubbs. Ravens need Grubbs back asap if the Ravens want to compete.

Other than what's been posted I have nothing more to offer. We are limited as are other teams that have issues with injuries. Perhaps the play calling has to change. The Steelers O line has been injured from the start still they find a way. Selective play calling is called for. The players are who we have for now and that's not going to change. Perhaps JO has a thought or two. At this time I would solicit any and all opinions and advice.

Quote Originally Posted by terps19 View Post
    I think it is safe to say, this OL is not the same without Grubbs. Ravens need Grubbs back asap if the Ravens want to compete.
    ^^^^^^
    This, they owned Guarod (sp?) last night.

Quote Originally Posted by cealex1223 View Post
    ^^^^^^
    This, they owned Guarod (sp?) last night.
    They attacked Guarod, Birk up the middle. It was very reminiscent of the way we attacked the Jets up the middle when they were missing Mangold. I am also tired of seeing a total inability to vary the snap count. It was obvious to anyone with a clue that the Jags had the snap count down.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

The left side has the talent, but not the experience playing with Birk and the others. McKinnie/Gaurode(sp?) just look lost. Like they have no clue who to block in a given situation.

Grubbs understands all of this. And even with McKinnie, Grubbs can communicate assignments to him. The OL has not looked great since week one - when Grubbs was teamed up with McKinnie.

Quote Originally Posted by mommathurgoesthatman View Post
    Any suggestions after another sub par game by the o line?
    What do you guys think?
    For starters, I would fire the freaking OL coach. No excuse for their pathetic play to date!!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton