A quick Ravens v. Jax "Trip Report"

Took Southwest down for an extended weekend trip with the wife. The plane had not even left the ground yet and none other than Nasty Nestor comes down the aisle with his wife and plops down in the row across from me. Then some other passenger mentions the Brooks Robinson statue and Nestor immediately goes on a tirage about Angelos and how he still hates that fact that they took his press pass, etc, etc.. Oh, and did you know that Nestor is extrememly tight with Roger Goodell? That's what he told me anyway. Funny guy.

Anyway, went downtown to what was supposed to be this big waterfront pre-game party that the City of Jacksonville puts on at Jacksonivlle Landing. It turns out its more like a band on stage playing reggae music to about 50-60 people wandering around aimlessly. Most of the boisterous pre-game party was inside Hooters where we ended up for a while. We took the water taxi to the stadium from there. Pretty neat to have a water taxi dump you off right at the stadium. Not sure any other city offers that.

For the rest of pre-game, we went to Tailgate bar and grill next to the stadium, and again ran into Nestor. I guess he rented this place out and threw a big party. Several hundred Ravens fans in attendance. Nasty running around handing out carboard "Ngata Chance" signs which nobody ended up using inside. Ahh well, he gets an "A" for effort anyway.

Now onto the game.. We were in section 231 which was packed with Ravens fans. Except for this one guy on the aisle in the back of the section who tried desperately to get someone to knock his block off. Those of you who sat in 231 or 230 know exactly whom I speak of.. Right around halftime the guy was just off the charts obnoxious. All the while sporting some nice gold teeth and apparently doing his best "I'm Rick James bitch!" impersonation (for you Chappelle fans). The guy must have screamed, "I'll be here all week!" about 1000 times. The cops finally came up and asked if any punches had been thrown to which I replied, "Not yet..." They warned everyone to settle down and our loud friend shutup for the rest of the night.

Someone said last week we might have 3000 fans attend this game. Well, I want to say we easily topped 10,000. As I stated, Sections 230,231,232 and 233 (the ones I could see clearly) had to be at least 70-30 in favor of us.

But hey, what does it matter how many people made the trip when you stink as bad as we did last night. It was just overall embarrassing to show up en masse like that and play so badly.

One more thing.. Jags DL Matt Roth is a classless POS. Prior to the game there were a bunch of fans gathered around the goal line watching Jax players do their warmups. Some Ravens fan playfully yelled to Roth that the "Jags are going down tonight" and this d-bag's response was to flick both middle fingers, grab his crotch and squeeze himself while pointing his junk in our direction and then pointing and spitting. There were a ton of little kids right there ON THE FIELD in front of him when he did this. I saw one dad grab his little girl and start walking away real quick. What a jackass.

Re: A quick Ravens v. Jax "Trip Report"

I have yet to go to an away game, but I can imagine how some of the local fans can be. Sounds like a decent wknd minus the Ravens stinking up the place.

Re: A quick Ravens v. Jax "Trip Report"

Quote Originally Posted by Beezo View Post
    I have yet to go to an away game, but I can imagine how some of the local fans can be. Sounds like a decent wknd minus the Ravens stinking up the place.
    It was a fun weekend, mainly because we spent most of it in St. Augustine doing the winery tour, checking out Pat Croce's new Pirate Treasure museum and getting some beach time in at Jax Beach. Downtown Jacksonville is a joke.

4. Re: A quick Ravens v. Jax "Trip Report"

Sounds like a prototypical football player to me. Thanks for the report. That had to be a bummer night for you.