Ben Says Some Quarterbacks are Protected

Comments to a Jim Rome question.

Ben says marquee qbs get more flags in their favor

ESPN article, I don't know the rules anymore about posting articles so I didn't. Basically he says the NFL is protecting the marquee quarterbacks (no [FILTH]) and throws flags more for them than others. He specifically points out Brady and Brees.

I agree with him but it's old news. Vick came out and made similar comments earlier in the year. His playing style doesn't help but man would I love to see Brady's reaction if he ever got punched in the face by Haloti Ngata, priceless.

Ben says he is ok with it as he does not want to be called in the grasp very often.

Blog Entries

Re: Ben Says Some Quarterbacks are Protected

Hard to argue when you see the hits he takes, Flacco too, and others. Compare that to Brady and Manning and there is a bias. I understand the league needs to protect it's most valuable assets but it is frustrating to see your defense finally get a big stop only to draw a flag. (that likely wouldn't have been a flag against another opponent)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

He speaks the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Hard to argue when you see the hits he takes, Flacco too, and others. Compare that to Brady and Manning and there is a bias. I understand the league needs to protect it's most valuable assets but it is frustrating to see your defense finally get a big stop only to draw a flag. (that likely wouldn't have been a flag against another opponent)
    Surprised that he did not take any flak for it yet. He said the NFL wants those guys on the field as they draw fans.

Rome asked him if he thought the League specifically told the referees to call it that way or if they did it on their own. Ben said he didn't know which the League will not like.