Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Would You Still Take Rex Ryan?

It's been 3 years. I know a majority of fans wanted Ryan to be the Head Coach when Billick was let go. Looking on how Ryan handles the press and how he is always making headlines by what he says would you still take him?

Me personally I wouldnt want him to be our head coach. He puts to much attention on himself and not enough on the players. He is a great coach and motivator and players love playing for him but his mouth causes a lot of unnecessary attention. I like in a way how the ravens are a low profile team but we are top 3 in the NFL. Our players are the face of the team not our coach. Harbaugh winning helps out alot too even if we fell short all 3yrs so far. If we had a losing record maybe my opinion would be a lil different. I still think we have a better team than Rex Ryan.(2-0 vs rex n jets)

Re: Would You Still Take Rex Ryan?

Personally, I've always perferred Harbaugh over Rex. Love Rex and what he brings to the table but Harbaugh was a good fit despite his imperfections and still is a good fit. Low key like you said, a winner, and a good manager (let the coordinators do their jobs).

Harbaugh is one of the top young head coaches in the NFL.

Now is I were running a foot massage parlor I would hire Rex to run it in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post

Now is I were running a foot massage parlor I would hire Rex to run it in a heartbeat.
    He also benefits from his coordinators. Rex gets more out of his players. Did you see the defense show their love after the Jets game. I think we would of won a superbowl with Rex and I also think Rex wouldn't be so outspoken in Baltimore. Rex has done more in his first 2 years than john with less talent.
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post

I have to say that you didn't put your "foot" in your mouth with that statement. You definitely put your best "foot" forward when you thought of that statement.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    I have to say that you didn't put your "foot" in your mouth with that statement. You definitely put your best "foot" forward when you thought of that statement.

LOL
    Hey! When did you join this board, Wes Welker??

Seriously, no, I wouldn't take Rex Ryan. I won't argue that he's a great defensive coach, but I simply don't like his style, boastfulness, and self-aggrandizment. He's right where he belongs -- In New York.

Quote Originally Posted by blacknpurplepain View Post
    He also benefits from his coordinators. Rex gets more out of his players. Did you see the defense show their love after the Jets game. I think we would of won a superbowl with Rex and I also think Rex wouldn't be so outspoken in Baltimore. Rex has done more in his first 2 years than john with less talent.
    What makes you think Rex wouldn't be outspoken in Baltimore? Biscuit telling him not to? He already mouths off about how talented Bart Scott and Revis are, can you imagine how much trash he'd talk with having Ngata, Lewis, Suggs, and Reed?

You can run over "what if" scenarios all the time, but the fact is, Harbs has been getting fantastic results, even with two coordinators who performed questionably the last few years (Mattison and Cameron).

I think he's also got a great handle on the locker room. Yeah, Rex may be the player's buddy, but that's not a coach's job. The coach is supposed to keep everyone in line, focused. Look how quickly the Jets locker room started imploding. I don't think you see that under a Harbaugh team.

How long are we gonna keep debating this?
    90% of the game is half mental

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blacknpurplepain View Post
    This might be one of the most ill conceived thoughts that I have read on this forum.

It couldn't be further from the truth.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Oh, and John Harbaugh all the way.

I actually preferred him over Jason Garrett as well.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

How many times are we gonna discuss this?

NO. His superbowl act was going to grow old and he would lose clout in the clubhouse at somepoint. Plus, worried with his hire the offense would be against the defense in the clubhouse. Harbaugh is actually more intense than Rex. I think in time, Harbaugh might be a Hall of Fame coach. He is alot
    like Don Shula, but not as hard on his players as Shula was in his early days.
    Hardly any of the Colts liked Shula, it wasnt until he chilled out a bit was he liked as much with the Dolphins.