Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Lee Evans "Hopes" to Play Again This Year

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

2. Re: Lee Evans "Hopes" to Play Again This Year

It is what it is.... what are we gonna do, run him out there every week at 65%?

Blog Entries

Re: Lee Evans "Hopes" to Play Again This Year

If Evans doesn't have speed then there is no reason to play him. The Ravens are doing the smart thing.

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    His injury is the reason the horse-collar tackle is illegal. He has what is as close to a stress fracture without being a stress fracture. The reason the tackle was made illegal is because TO broke his leg as a result of one. Anyone know if the Redskins player was fined? My guess is no. If no, then that is further evidence of an uneven emphasis on player safety.

Lmao this strikes me as another one of Harbaugh's "dont talk about injuries" thing. I think he'll be back really soon, and i think he'll be back this week.

Jimmy smith could have played last week but they wanted it to be healed completely. Same thing with Evans.

I expect him to be back this week.

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    His injury is the reason the horse-collar tackle is illegal. He has what is as close to a stress fracture without being a stress fracture. The reason the tackle was made illegal is because TO broke his leg as a result of one. Anyone know if the Redskins player was fined? My guess is no. If no, then that is further evidence of an uneven emphasis on player safety.
    Was that the play that did it, you think? I've never heard anyone reference any particular play. But it makes since... I was at that game and it happened right in front of me... He didn't seem to limp after it really. I took a huge sigh of relief after he got up and walked away from that one.

With that being said... If it's a fracture type of thing (and if that's all)... Bones heal quickly (4-6 weeks). I imagine we will have him back in a few weeks, if he doesn't keep re-aggravating it.

I would take that bet. I dont think we see him til week 10

Blog Entries

I've been saying this for a while. Hopefully he will be available late in the year but they have to plan that he may not. Seize the moment Torrey!

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    Lmao this strikes me as another one of Harbaugh's "dont talk about injuries" thing. I think he'll be back really soon, and i think he'll be back this week.

Jimmy smith could have played last week but they wanted it to be healed completely. Same thing with Evans.

I expect him to be back this week.
    with this. I think Gurode being adequate, Gorrer playing above expected and some flashes with Torrey are letting the team try to really heal Grubbs, Smith and Evans or until one really gets exposed. Why not fully heal the injured and let Gurode, Gorrer and T.Smith play their way out of the starting lineup?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
    with this. I think Gurode being adequate, Gorrer playing above expected and some flashes with Torrey are letting the team try to really heal Grubbs, Smith and Evans or until one really gets exposed. Why not fully heal the injured and let Gurode, Gorrer and T.Smith play their way out of the starting lineup?
    I agree. The Ravens have always been about the next man up. Some fans seem to get mad at injured players. If Evans could play effectively, he would be on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
    I hope this logic is right. It's a little risky but it's also quite smart. And we've been lucking out, having the vastly overrated Jets, the Texans w/o Andre or Mario, the Jags (knock on wood).

I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers rematch is circled on the calendar as the real return date.The Steelers wouldn't know whom to account for--the talented back-ups or the injured-or-aren't-they starters.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

12. Re: Lee Evans "Hopes" to Play Again This Year

So.. he was possibly gonna come back last week, but since this whole "mum's the word on injuries" Thing that harbaugh has going, he suddenly might not play this whole year.......

Riiiiigghhtt.....