Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Palmer to Raiders

I hate Mike Brown, but man he played this thing perfectly. If this trade were happening in fantasy football it would get vetoed by the league because it's so lopsided. If they don't screw up these picks they could be a force going forward.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chicagoravensfan View Post
    I hate Mike Brown, but man he played this thing perfectly. If this trade were happening in fantasy football it would get vetoed by the league because it's so lopsided. If they don't screw up these picks they could be a force going forward.
    Good thing for the Ravens is that the Bengals usually do screw up the 1st round. Later rounds though they have been pretty good.

Ah Mike Brown, the man who turned down two first round picks for Chad Johnson

Surely he won't turn this one down, it's incredible for the Bengals

If true, that sucks for the rest of the AFC N.

Another reason to continue hating the Raiders.

Palmer is ancient, plays scared. It will be fiunny seeing him trying to don the black and silver like a tough guy!

I guess Palmer now gets to play near his home in Cali...

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    A first rounder?!?!

Wow. That's WAY too much for someone of Palmer's age.

Al is reaching out from the grave it would seem
    LOL. Maybe he left it in his will HA!!
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

The Bengals have a really good defense, AJ Green, Gresham, Jerome Simpson, tons of cap space, and now 2 1st round picks (and maybe 2 in 2013). They're arguably in better long-term shape than the Steelers. The only question is how Dalton looks when he play a decent defense.

What kind of football shape would Palmer even be in, not to mention he hasn't been effective in a couple of years.

Really bad move by the Raiders if it happens.

Cinci has a pretty decent young team now. Add a couple more first rounders and they could move up with us and the Steelers. Yes, they often make bad picks, but they also do pretty well building from the O and D lines up. Our division could become even tougher soon.

Blog Entries

I have to shake my head on this one. I guess time will tell, as always.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I have to shake my head on this one. I guess time will tell, as always.
    Well it makes Cincy stronger in the future provided the draft picks Pay off.... With Dalton playing well, the got 2 1st rounders without giving up a thing.

What looked like a Cincy "Bungle" move in the offseason, turns out to be "Patriotic"... after all played out. Looks Like Raiders are All In with this move.

If Palmer plays really well for 4-5 years, I'd say the move paid off and makes since. If he continues his downward spiral... it sets the Raiders back a few years. Only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Cinci has a pretty decent young team now. Add a couple more first rounders and they could move up with us and the Steelers. Yes, they often make bad picks, but they also do pretty well building from the O and D lines up. Our division could become even tougher soon.
    Add in cleveland improving, albeit slowly.

This division is going to get a lot more difficult in the next decade, providing Cincinnati don't revert to being dumb and keep themselves intact (which is still a big if).

The division of the past decade has been a 2 to 2 1/2 way fight (of course, depending on which side of the yo-yo the Ravens were on and which Bengals side bothered to show up for the season). Could end up being a 4 way rumble.