Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

49ers vs. Ravens in the SUPERBOWL?

The stars are aligning folks. If the 49ers can avoid the Packers, the Harbbowl might happen.

Blog Entries

Re: 49ers vs. Ravens in the SUPERBOWL?

Wouldn't that be something?

The media would eat it up.

I don't think the Niners can beat the Packers and there are some other teams playing decent ball too. If the Bears could fucking protect Cutler I think they could make some serious noise in the playoffs. The Giants are playing good ball and the Eagles actually looked like a decent team yesterday (albeit against the Redskins). Plus, who knows what the Lions will do once they get to the playoffs and the Saints, Bucs, and Falcons are dangerous as well.

I like the way that the Niners are playing right now, but I just don't think they have the big guns to really get far in the playoffs, however getting to the playoffs is a MAJOR step in the right direction for the Niners and San Fran should be stoked about that.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

3. Re: 49ers vs. Ravens in the SUPERBOWL?

Those 49ers look very good. And their next four games before the Thanksgiving Harb-inger?

BYE
    Cleveland
    @Washington
    NY Giants
    Arizona

9-1 anybody?

I would LOVE for the Ravens to see either the 49ers OR chicago in the SB.
    Holy crap that would be awesome, and guarantee that Ray and Ed go out on top.

Blog Entries

It's only week 6. It's premature bad juju to be discussing who the Ravens might be playing in the Super Bowl.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Be a nice story, but I can't see it. Could see the niners make the NFC championship game, though.

Blog Entries

wickedsolo,

You know the Cards won that division in 08, got hot at the right time and made a run to the Superbowl. It can happen. As long as they can avoid the Packers, I'd give them as good a chance as anyone else you named.

To be honest, this year's 9ers really remind me of the 08 Ravens. Not to much flash on offense but a very solid defense. They just line up and find a way to win.

DeputyDawg Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    The stars are aligning folks. If the 49ers can avoid the Packers, the Harbbowl might happen.
    Wow, that would be incredible...Awesome thought, and at this point, would be a great game...But I do think we would win it, because Gore would be no more when he got a load of Haloti and Cody...Then Alex Smith would become ;well, Alex Smith again with all the pressure the Pag would put on him....Jim is doing a fantastic job with them though..

Jim Harbaugh is not getting enough credit for the way he has turned Alex Smith into a reliable quarterback for the first 6 games of the season. I'll be shocked if they make past Wild Card wknd, but the Niners (with an efficient Smith) look like they'll be playing after week 17.
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

The Niners are a great story, and I'm really happy for Jim and their fanbase, but I don't know about them getting past the Packers.

11. Re: 49ers vs. Ravens in the SUPERBOWL?

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    wickedsolo,

You know the Cards won that division in 08, got hot at the right time and made a run to the Superbowl. It can happen. As long as they can avoid the Packers, I'd give them as good a chance as anyone else you named.

To be honest, this year's 9ers really remind me of the 08 Ravens. Not to much flash on offense but a very solid defense. They just line up and find a way to win.
    Alex Smith is no Kurt Warner....end of story.

Niners are a good team, but like most teams w/ a game manager QB, if they get down 2 scores to a good opponent, they're cooked.

That said, they're defense is really good.

haha, it'd be awesome to see us beat them in the superbowl... but i just dont see it happening. to many good teams in the NFc this year.. saints..bucs..packers..