Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Looks like Jim Harbaugh is an ahole

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    True.

As I was writing though, I was watching the world wide leader, they were all slamming Harbs 2.

My (our) minority status is related toward them.
    Understood. Personally, I think they were both classless. Jim Harbaugh said nothing to Schwartz, just half shook his hand and almost knocked him over with his back slap (the overhead footage they're mostly showing doesn't really show how hard he slapped his back, but this angle does: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...module=HP11_cp [16 second mark]) To not say anything, no 'good game,' no 'thank you,' no 'good luck,' and almost knocking him to the ground, was utterly classless and disrespectful. Yet, for Schwartz to react the way he did was completely inexcusable. I actually think Schwartz should be fined by the NFL.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Blog Entries

It really depends on what Harbaugh said to Schwartz. Schwartz claims it was an obscenity. If that's the case given the way Harbaugh also just pushed by him then I can understand why Schwartz was so upset.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It really depends on what Harbaugh said to Schwartz. Schwartz claims it was an obscenity. If that's the case given the way Harbaugh also just pushed by him then I can understand why Schwartz was so upset.
    Three thoughts.

One, Batman is right. It depends on what was *actually said*, and we don't know, and I have no idea why you guys wouldn't believe Schwartz. Did anyone say bad language wasn't used?

Two, Harbaugh should not be celebrating on top of the opposing coach as if Schwartz was Alex Smith or something. It's f'ing rude, and not good sportsmanship. As Chris Berman said, the handshake after the game is an opportunity for you to demonstrate to the kids at home what good sportsmanship looks like. These posts saying "If you don't want the other guy to rub his ass in your face then you have to win" may apply during the game, but after the game the HCs should man up.

Three, Harbaugh should act like he won a game before.

Schwartz shouldn't have chased him down the field. But Schwartz has been around coaching NFL teams for a long time, and I don't think he would lightly have responded that way. Harbaugh is the new kid on the block, and he appears to me to have acted the part yesterday.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Harbaugh is the new kid on the block, and he appears to me to have acted the part yesterday.
    But he's been around football since the day he was born. The same rules of etiquette at the collegiate level apply to the pros. After growing up in a college football coaching household, playing in the NFL, coaching himself at the collegiate level, standing next to his brother coaching in the NFL on the sideline, and being an NFL coach himself -he's had ample opportunity to learn remedial coaching etiquette. But what we're seeing is yet another example of him having a tasteless confrontation with an opposing head coach after a game, just like when he was coaching at Stanford.

...and I have no idea why you guys wouldn't believe Schwartz.
    Well, in all fairness, when people explode and lose all control of their emotions, they have a tendency to warp facts and events in a way that justifies their belief that they are the offended party. One good reason to question the objectivity of Schwartz's account of the events was the fact that he assaulted an opposing coach on the field. From the footage I've watched, I don't see Harbaugh mouthing anything until after he was assaulted.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Flipping Birdie View Post
    Well, in all fairness, when people explode and lose all control of their emotions, they have a tendency to warp facts and events in a way that justifies their belief that they are the offended party. One good reason to question the objectivity of Schwartz's account of the events was the fact that he assaulted an opposing coach on the field. From the footage I've watched, I don't see Harbaugh mouthing anything until after he was assaulted.
    You may be right, and it's also possible someone who was there actually said "I didn't hear any curse words." I haven't been following that closely; maybe someone did. You'd think there'd be a denial from *somebody*, if it was appropriate.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I think this whole incident is a breakdown in our society with regard to proper etiquette, sportsmanship and manners. Jim Harbaugh has never impressed me and thank God we have the other Harbaugh. I remember him standing on our sidelines in previous years, yelling at officials and just acting stupid. Coaches are suppose to meet after the game and offer each other congratulatory remarks and say "good game." Both coaches acted poorly and I hope each of them get fined heavily for acting like brats. They both should be made to apologize publicly and take responisibility for their actions. You would never see a coach like Tony Dungy acting that way. Grow up coaches, this is not life or death. This is a child's game. Think about the example you are setting for kids who play sports. I hope Mr. Jack Harbaugh calls him on the carpet for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Three, Harbaugh should act like he won a game before.
    Not only that but he just beat the Lions for cryin' out loud. It's not like he beat a team with a history of excellence ... or even a history of winning seasons ...

I think both are at fault and both should be reprimanded, but I do put about 75% of the blame on Harbaugh's shoulders.

the reason for the thread and me calling Jim Harbaugh an asshole wasn't so much is on the field actions as his post game comments. He acted like he never won an NFL game before, on the field. Then he decides to compound that by pretty much making fun of Schwartz.
    Sure seemed that way to me.

Hey Jim, how about a little more class and a lot less poor sportsmanship

As for Schwartz....he acted like an ahole also chasing Harbaugh almost into the tunnel. Bumping into him, looked to me like he also bumped into a 49er player purposely.

The plot thickens:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-wp9711

Apparently Schwartz was a little too happy about a penalty called on the 49ers bench in the first half. Makes him look like quite a hypocrite.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    The plot thickens:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-wp9711

Apparently Schwartz was a little too happy about a penalty called on the 49ers bench in the first half. Makes him look like quite a hypocrite.

12. Re: Looks like Jim Harbaugh is an ahole

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Yeah there is no place for foul language on a football field. I'm sure Schwartz has never heard an obscenity on the field before.

Schwartz was just pissed he lost a game he should have won.