Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pick 5 Standings - Current

Here are the current standings. All standings are sorted by Total Points.

Please double-check your results. If you find an error or omission, please post it here. I'll fix any mistakes as soon as possible.

Pick 5 Standings - FINAL STANDINGS.
    Last edited by Beerracuda; 12-31-2012 at 10:43 AM.

Wink Re: Pick 5 Standings - Current

My excuse is: I don't understand gambling and point spreads. Either that, or you are cheating!

btw, Beeracuda: thanks for all the hard work that went into the scorekeeping.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Re: Pick 5 Standings - Current

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    My excuse is: I don't understand gambling and point spreads. Either that, or you are cheating!

btw, Beeracuda: thanks for all the hard work that went into the scorekeeping.
    T, you should've used the "too much Ouzo when I made my picks" excuse!! At least that excuse would be believable!

My pleasure keeping this going. The only pain in the ass was catching up the first 4 weeks. Updating once a week is a piece of cake! :happyanim

Interesting the guy running this is in first place. J/K ;)

Thanks for keeping this going.

Hey Beeracuda, how do you get a tie ?
    I only play one other pickem pool and never have seen a tie. Is it when you, and another player end up with the same result with the same picks ?
    .....Support Our Warriors.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ibravenfan View Post
    Hey Beeracuda, how do you get a tie ?
    I only play one other pickem pool and never have seen a tie. Is it when you, and another player end up with the same result with the same picks ?
    Ibravenfan... no it's when your pick neither covers nor falls short of the spread.

For example, in your picks for Week 5, you picked New England -9 against the Jets. So the Pats were already down 9 points at the start of the game (or the Jets were up by 9, depending on your point of view) Actual final score of the game was New England 30-21, which when counting the point spread of New England -9 was actually 21-21 (or 30-30 if you look at it as Jets +9). So it gets recorded in this contest as a tie. In the end, a tie is actually more like a loss, since the standings are determined by Winning Percentage only.
    Last edited by Beerracuda; 10-15-2011 at 01:09 PM.

10-4, makes perfect sense now. Thanks for clearing that up.
    .....Support Our Warriors.....

*** MODS - Can you STICKY this thread? ***

The standings will automatically update each week, so the link will not change.

Thanks!

9. Re: Pick 5 Standings - Current

Hey Beeerracuda

I guess there's no way to transfer my record from another Pick 5 that seems to have stalled to this contest? My record would be 31-13-1

Quote Originally Posted by Pretzelogic View Post
    Hey Beeerracuda

I guess there's no way to transfer my record from another Pick 5 that seems to have stalled to this contest? My record would be 31-13-1
    Sorry Pretzel, just can't do it. Just wouldn't be fair to the others in this particular contest. Too bad though, because 31-13-1 is a kickass record!

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    Congrats to Kyle Cactus for going a perfect 6-0 in Week 12!!
    Thanks! I didn't realize it until I saw your post. Hopefully I don't plunge back down the list with the 9 picks I entered for this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    Thanks! I didn't realize it until I saw your post. Hopefully I don't plunge back down the list with the 9 picks I entered for this week.
    No problem, Kyle. And I know all about plunging. After spending the first 1/3 of the season at or near the top, I've been plunging down the standings ever since. :grbac: