Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Brother John....

Please take note. In the future, when we are up big... don't play our best guys with 3-4 min. left..

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-garbage-time/

Blog Entries

Re: Brother John....

Harbaugh has done it so many times that I doubt he'll stop.

Blog Entries

That's a chance occurance. Would it make people feel better if he goes out on the first play of the game? Injuries happen and they suck.

Also, I think its fair to note they had benced Alex Smith by that time. He was giving his rookie QB some work with the ones.

Josh Morgan is a good player and as the article states, leading the niners receivers this year

But I'd hardly call him one of their best players.
    For the last two seasons before this one, he has five TD's, solid but not prolific

Good solid receiver, excellent blocker but you can't bench everyone in garbage time
    Niners are thin at receiver as it is

During the final few minutes of the Rams game, Harbaugh brought in the second stringers, but left Flacco out on the field. I remember him getting pummeled because the second string offensive line couldn't pass block worth a hoot.
    In the future, if the Ravens are up big, hopefully he puts in the entire second string squad, rather than letting his starting quarterback out there like a sitting duck.

I was wondering during the Rams game if maybe Tyrod's shoulder was still gimpy.

I wouldn't call Josh Morgan one of SF's "best guys", but I do agree that there is absolutely no need to play your best players in garbage time. People always say "players can get hurt on any play" which is true, but my point is, why take a risk when the game is already in hand? If your star players helped you go up by 30 points going into the end of the game, why still keep them in the game? If they can get hurt on any play, why potentially jeopardize the rest of your season for a game which you have already won? It's ridiculous IMO.
    Founder of The J. Peterman Company - JPeterman.com - Follow me on Twitter

8. Re: Brother John....

Quote Originally Posted by palukaraven View Post
    During the final few minutes of the Rams game, Harbaugh brought in the second stringers, but left Flacco out on the field. I remember him getting pummeled because the second string offensive line couldn't pass block worth a hoot.
    In the future, if the Ravens are up big, hopefully he puts in the entire second string squad, rather than letting his starting quarterback out there like a sitting duck.
    Seriously?? I don't remember Harbs putting in the second string O-line..

Quote Originally Posted by palukaraven View Post
    Definitely agree. Plus it would give Taylor some snaps behind center during a regular game even if the team would be running the ball to use up clock.

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    Yep, Jah Reid was getting pummeled during some of the pass plays, and Anthony Allen had a few carries from what I remember.
    Here I believe are the offensive substitutions, but I'm not including the ones on the defense:
    Laquan Williams
    Tandon Doss
    Anthony Allen
    Brian Mattison
    Jah Reid
    Kris Wilson

You can also see the substitutions in the game book, but unfortunately it doesn't give you details when they came in. I believe it was around 3:00 minutes left in the 4th quarter when the second stringers were playing. ( gamebook shows Allen playing at 3:10 in the 4th. )
    http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamece...L_Gamebook.pdf

minutes

of

Mutha

Fuckin'

Football!

Sorry for the crassness, however, I thought it was necessary to get the point across that these men get paid gamechecks to perform irregardless of the score.
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    I know Oher was taken out and replaced with Jah Ried, who was whiffed, resulting in a sack of Flacco.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.