Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Props to Ravens

What route?!?!

Maybe I need to see it again, but it was a busted play.

Blog Entries

Re: Props to Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by CoverD View Post
    If Ray Rice hadn't stopped on his route, Flacco would've never thrown the pick 6. So no, I don't think we have to worry about Flacco.
    I agree with you that we dont have to worry about Flacco but Rice stopped his route because he saw Harris fall back into zone, so he sat in the only window available which is what he was suppose to do. Flacco lost Harris. and therefore it was his fault and a boneheaded play, but it happens, especially against Rex. Other than that he played fine, just had his accuracy/timing off a bit.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by #1 Jets Fan View Post
    I can see u know nothing about football. Ur qb had a lot of time to throw the ball and mark had no time to throw it.
    You can't be serious. Our OL was ok in the first quarter...after that, no time unless we kept 7 or 8 in to block.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    What route?!?!

Maybe I need to see it again, but it was a busted play.
    It was busted, but Rice was the outlet, and in the replay he looks like he stops his route short, and has this "oh shit" look on his face when Flacco throws the ball. Not sure who was at fault there, but clearly Joe thought, correctly or incorrectly, that Ray was going to keep going.

Either way Joe shouldn't have forced the ball for a minimal gain like that, with the game already WELL in hand.

Blog Entries

The Jets actually put Revis on Torrey Smith, at certain points of the game. The Jets secondary manned up on the Ravens receivers, three of the first four on the depth chart being rookies. Dickson was the key and we knew that coming into the game, he did not have his best game. Joe did not play well either, but the fact that he did not throw for 300 yards against, as you yourself put it #1JetsFan, a "A pissed off Jets defense".

Joe is not going to see a defense like that for the rest of the season. Unless, of course, if Cincinnati gives him a run for his money again.;)
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Right, I'm not trying to put all the blame on Rice, because Flacco was the one that let the ball loose and threw it into a bad spot. But it shouldn't be all on Flacco either.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by #1 Jets Fan View Post
    I can see u know nothing about football. Ur qb had a lot of time to throw the ball and mark had no time to throw it.
    Sanchez=Kyle Boller.

Nice having you as a guest #1.

You're right that Flacco had better support than Sanchez and should have played better.

As for what ails the Jets, I'd say Sanchez is #4 on the list. Even though he's not great, their offensive woes, in order of severity, are...

1. Offensive line
    2. Schottenheimer
    3. Shon Green
    4. Sanchez

A real tight end wouldn't hurt. Most of the league has found one or two tight ends who create mismatch problems.

Blog Entries

Dustin Keller is probably the only player on the field who dropped more passes than Ed Dickson. Keller was scared. Every time he saw Lewis, he curled up.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    Dustin Keller is probably the only player on the field who dropped more passes than Ed Dickson. Keller was scared. Every time he saw Lewis, he curled up.
    Ray Lewis put a hit on him last night that was reminiscent of MNF last year.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    I noticed that on the late drop in particular, where Ray kind of rolled over top of him and keller fell into the fetal position.

Jets are good at talking, boasting theyre number 1 and winning the superbowl. at the end of the day youre 2 and 2, should be 1 and 3, and have more questions than answers. audios and good luck with the rest of the season, youll need it, because that team is not playoff caliber.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Nice having you as a guest #1.

You're right that Flacco had better support than Sanchez and should have played better.

As for what ails the Jets, I'd say Sanchez is #4 on the list. Even though he's not great, their offensive woes, in order of severity, are...

1. Offensive line
    2. Schottenheimer
    3. Shon Green
    4. Sanchez

A real tight end wouldn't hurt. Most of the league has found one or two tight ends who create mismatch problems.
    your right but if we clean up the OL 3 and 4 will be just fine.