Don't text and drive

Re: Props to Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Don't text and drive
    LOL.. I'm home plus my girl drove.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by #1 Jets Fan View Post
    I can see u know nothing about football. Ur qb had a lot of time to throw the ball and mark had no time to throw it.
    Really? Because I heard the commentators over and over talking about how Oher was just "buying Joe just enough time to get rid of the ball". He might not have had someone in his face on his 3rd step of his drop, but I wouldn't say he had time to do crosswords in the pocket. Half his incompletions can be attributed to receivers dropping the ball.

Joe faced a solid pass rush and a very good secondary
    Mark faced a FEROCIOUS pass rush, but a banged up secondary. I think I'd blame the Jets coaching staff for never addressing our stunt moves during the game. I'm willing to bet if the OL/coaches bought Mark an extra second or two, he starts finding open receivers.

More than anything, I think we tend to overlook, this was two VERY good pressure defenses going head to head. It makes perfect sense that our QBs had poor showings. The worrisome thing would be that, if you consider either QB elite, they need to find a way to life themselves above that. Maybe not have a GREAT stat line, but find ways to keep moving the ball. Luckily, our run game was able to do that for Joe. Yours was pounded into the ground at the LoS.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Flacco made two mistakes, one being the miscommunication with Rice, the other the fumble.
    You missed one.

The pick 6 he threw was inexcusable.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    You missed one.

The pick 6 he threw was inexcusable.
    The miscommunication with Rice was the pick 6. If you watch the play, he was trying to hit Ray on a short pass, he led the pass to his left, expecting Ray to keep running. Ray stopped short on the route to try to plant to make a catch.

Really, neither guy was totally at fault. Ray was trying to make sure he brought the catch in before getting SMACKED by the LB. Joe just picked a bad time to pass it, since as he was throwing it, Rice was squaring around to end his route. It's tough because if Joe waits one more second, he's probably on the ground because the rush was in his face.

Really, he should've just threw it away there. It would've been a tough catch for Ray, and probably just a gain of 2 at most.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Not sure how you can look at that play and chalk it up to miscommunication.

It was a busted play so unless someone is on record saying Rice missed a route, that's all on Joe.

Blog Entries

The pick 6 was horrible. one of those bone headed plays that make people get so frustrated with him. In reality, he was just as close for throwing for 300 and completeing 20 passes as he was doing what he did with 10 for 160. He was just off his game a fraction and that showed in his accuracy. The Jets do sport the best secondary and one of the top defenses in the game so Ill give him a pass for the week. Sanchez on the other hand has never really looked like an nfl QB, minus some good performances in the playoffs inexplicably. Last night he gave up. which is something id be far far more concerned about coming from your leader. Flacco had a horrible performance but went out there and kept trying to make something happen.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Not sure how you can look at that play and chalk it up to miscommunication.

It was a busted play so unless someone is on record saying Rice missed a route, that's all on Joe.
    I think he is saying miscommunication because Joe thought Ray was going to continue to run and Ray saw Harris and stopped in the open space. Not sure who was right or wrong.

I'm willing to chalk up the pick-6 to "miscommunication".

But I would like to see Joe just throw it away in cases like that (especially when we have a big lead) and live to try again on the next play. Discretion is the better part of valor.

Maybe he's watched too much of Pig Ben running around, holding on to the ball forever, trying to "make a play" and figures he could and should do the same thing. The trouble is that you can take that kind of style too far, and when you force the issue in the NFL too often, you get burned. It's not worth throwing into a crowd when the best possible outcome is roughly a 2-yard gain.

If there was a silver lining to Joe's game last night it's this: he avoided sacks like a madman. And that's not easy to do vs. the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by mjones73 View Post
    Agrred, they were way too pass happy for 3 quarters of the game. Granted people wanna see them be aggressive with a lead, you still need to be smart about it.

From a game plan standpoint yeah. However, I am glad to see Flacco trying out his "gunslinger" skills. He has put them on display in the Pitt and Rams game and the best way to hone them is to throw a lot against good pass defenses like the Jets.

There are going to be games when we need Flacco to take up this role-when the run game isn't working and when we are playing from behind. Yes he failed through 3 quarters of the game but Joe is smart and will continue to learn how to beat defenses.

So far this year he has shown much better ability at moving around in the pocket and getting rid of the ball. Contrast his play in that area last year with this year and the difference is large. That shows me that he's learning and continually trying to get better. I think he'll reach that "gunslinger" level but he's going to have to keep working at it to do it more consistently.

With that being said he's still going to have bad games like all QB's do.

If Ray Rice hadn't stopped on his route, Flacco would've never thrown the pick 6. So no, I don't think we have to worry about Flacco.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lap View Post
    From a game plan standpoint yeah. However, I am glad to see Flacco trying out his "gunslinger" skills. He has put them on display in the Pitt and Rams game and the best way to hone them is to throw a lot against good pass defenses like the Jets.

There are going to be games when we need Flacco to take up this role-when the run game isn't working and when we are playing from behind. Yes he failed through 3 quarters of the game but Joe is smart and will continue to learn how to beat defenses.

So far this year he has shown much better ability at moving around in the pocket and getting rid of the ball. Contrast his play in that area last year with this year and the difference is large. That shows me that he's learning and continually trying to get better. I think he'll reach that "gunslinger" level but he's going to have to keep working at it to do it more consistently.

With that being said he's still going to have bad games like all QB's do.
    Oh don't get me wrong, I was happy to see him attempting to sling the ball around. Still you're playing a team with a suspect run defense, you need to play to their weakness. Mixing in some runs would have hopefully opened up the passing game some more too.

Regardless, I'm happy we came away with a win.