Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Props to Ravens

Re: Props to Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Allow me to echo the "get real" sentiment of my compatriots. ... Get real.

Flacco had a bad game, even very bad. Sanchez had a TERRIBLE game and looked like a scared, inept man who had no place on a football field.
    Excellent point. If both teams depend on their QB to get them to the playoffs, the Jets stay home.

Flacco made two mistakes, one being the miscommunication with Rice, the other the fumble. Sometimes Joe, much like Ben, tries too hard to extend plays instead of just running and getting some yards. I think with the freedom he has, and the toys out there, it's very tempting for him.

As for the Jets, I made no bones about it that I thought they weren't very good. It starts with Sanchez, but there are some problems with the o-line obviously, and the defense. I predicted a 17 point win, and well...I guess I'm pointing it out because I got tired of people saying this game would be remotely close.

Jets had some 150 yards of total offense. As bad as our offense was tonight, we ran the ball pretty much at will, and our TEs made great plays/were open on overthrows.

Flacco had a TAINT and fumbled, but even the "elite" QBs have such games. Flacco was bad in the traditional sense. Sanchez and that Jets' O was putrid. Kind of monumentally. Maybe Mangold IS that important...
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by #1 Jets Fan View Post
    I will say this I think your guys need to worry about your QB. I would say the same about ours, but he didn't get anytime.
    Sour grapes.

I met several Jets fans who were gracious losers. Obviously, you weren't one of them.

Go home, enjoy looking forward to the draft after the 16th game. Your team has gotten old very quickly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Flacco made some bad decisions.
    Cameron made some bad decisions on the playcalling. Not enough rushes first 3 quarters. Jets were prepared for the passes.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Sanchez and that Jets' O was putrid. Kind of monumentally. Maybe Mangold IS that important...
    Yeah, he is, but Sanchez is also *that* bad.

He had EIGHTEEN dropped INT's last year. EIGHTEEN!!! Over twice as many as the next worst QB in that regard.

I thought Sanchez looked overmatched from the moment he stepped on an NFL field, and I'm sticking by it. It was a total reach to draft a QB that started just one year in college, on a team that it was easy to be the QB of(see Troy Smith).

Sanchez has no accuracy, a weak arm, and seems confused easily. The Jet's completely dumbed down the offense after the first quarter because they knew if Sanchez had to throw downfield it was getting picked(that and because their line had no answer for our pass rush). Even dumbed down, Sanchez couldn't generate anything at all. His passes were way off the mark, heck three or four of them hit Ravens in the back of the legs.

If our offense wouldn't have been so freaking sloppy(and sure, some of that is due to the Jets secondary), we'd have won this game by 30 points. THAT's the bad taste I have. The Ravens have way too much talent to not just annihilate a team like that, though well, they kinda did annihilate them anyway, I was just irritated that it wasn't the epic beatdown it could have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Cameron made some bad decisions on the playcalling. Not enough rushes first 3 quarters. Jets were prepared for the passes.
    Agrred, they were way too pass happy for 3 quarters of the game. Granted people wanna see them be aggressive with a lead, you still need to be smart about it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by #1 Jets Fan View Post
    I will say this I think your guys need to worry about your QB. I would say the same about ours,but he didn't get anytime.
    Not as much as you need to worry about Sanchez.

This is the norm for Flacco. We are used to it. He's gonna give us some great games every year and he will give us some not so great games. As long as we win, who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    This is the norm for Flacco. We are used to it.
    Oh, make no mistake. Jets fans know Sanchez is bad. They just like to pretend he's awesome with dumbass nicknames like Nacho and Sanchize and like to soak in all the undeserved media attention he gets because he went to USC and is nice-looking.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Safe travels #1..... Thanks for your monetary deposit at MandT, as well as your contributions to the board.... Respectful fans are always appreciated and accepted for discussion.... Hope you found a good tailgate and had some enjoyment!

10. Re: Props to Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Your team has gotten old very quickly.
    That's what happens when one of your main free agency strategies is to scoop up 35-year-olds who have been cut by your former team.

Blog Entries

Joe Flacco almost had as many yards in the first quarter as the Jets offense had the entire game. I am not worried about Joe Flacco.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Not as much as you need to worry about Sanchez.

This is the norm for Flacco. We are used to it. He's gonna give us some great games every year and he will give us some not so great games. As long as we win, who cares.
    I can see u know nothing about football. Ur qb had a lot of time to throw the ball and mark had no time to throw it.