Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Props to Ravens

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Props to Ravens

I'm headed on home. This game over. Damn you guys kicked our ass.

Blog Entries

Re: Props to Ravens

Hope you had a nice time at M&T.

If you feel like a steak on your way home, Steak&Main off of I-95 north is delish.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Hope you had a nice time at M&T.

If you feel like a steak on your way home, Steak&Main off of I-95 north is delish.
    no thanks... I got to get home have to work. Plus I don't want to be seen in my Jets gear..:happyanim

Blog Entries

Have a nice, safe trip home. See you in the playoffs!

I will say this I think your guys need to worry about your QB. I would say the same about ours,but he didn't get anytime.

Blog Entries

Yes and no on worrying about Flacco...

Cam probably needs to go more balanced on offense. Flacco isn't a gunslinger. Joe also needs to trust his instincts more. The one fumble, if he'd just taken off running, he'd have gotten a 1st.

Doesn't help that we were down two of our top WRs against a healthy Jets secondary.

Mangold should probably be given a blank check tomorrow. When he's in, your offense is decent. When he's not...well, Sanchez is exposed.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by #1 Jets Fan View Post
    I will say this I think your guys need to worry about your QB. I would say the same about ours,but he didn't get anytime.
    Allow me to echo the "get real" sentiment of my compatriots. ... Get real.

Flacco had a bad game, even very bad. Sanchez had a TERRIBLE game and looked like a scared, inept man who had no place on a football field.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Sanchez had a TERRIBLE game and looked like a scared, inept man who had no place on a football field.
    In Sanchez's defense, he had good reason to be scared.

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Allow me to echo the "get real" sentiment of my compatriots. ... Get real.

Flacco had a bad game, even very bad. Sanchez had a TERRIBLE game and looked like a scared, inept man who had no place on a football field.
    Excellent point. If both teams depend on their QB to get them to the playoffs, the Jets stay home.

Quote Originally Posted by #1 Jets Fan View Post
    I will say this I think your guys need to worry about your QB. I would say the same about ours, but he didn't get anytime.
    Sour grapes.

I met several Jets fans who were gracious losers. Obviously, you weren't one of them.

Go home, enjoy looking forward to the draft after the 16th game. Your team has gotten old very quickly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Flacco made some bad decisions.
    Cameron made some bad decisions on the playcalling. Not enough rushes first 3 quarters. Jets were prepared for the passes.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Cameron made some bad decisions on the playcalling. Not enough rushes first 3 quarters. Jets were prepared for the passes.
    Agrred, they were way too pass happy for 3 quarters of the game. Granted people wanna see them be aggressive with a lead, you still need to be smart about it.

Quote Originally Posted by mjones73 View Post
    Agrred, they were way too pass happy for 3 quarters of the game. Granted people wanna see them be aggressive with a lead, you still need to be smart about it.

From a game plan standpoint yeah. However, I am glad to see Flacco trying out his "gunslinger" skills. He has put them on display in the Pitt and Rams game and the best way to hone them is to throw a lot against good pass defenses like the Jets.

There are going to be games when we need Flacco to take up this role-when the run game isn't working and when we are playing from behind. Yes he failed through 3 quarters of the game but Joe is smart and will continue to learn how to beat defenses.

So far this year he has shown much better ability at moving around in the pocket and getting rid of the ball. Contrast his play in that area last year with this year and the difference is large. That shows me that he's learning and continually trying to get better. I think he'll reach that "gunslinger" level but he's going to have to keep working at it to do it more consistently.

With that being said he's still going to have bad games like all QB's do.