WEEK 4 PICKS: Like a free trip to someone else's ATM

Lions @ Cowboys (-1.5): Those rulers of the jungle are the league’s darlings for the moment and there’s little to suggest that they will not remain undefeated after a visit to Dallas. The Cowboys were sloppy on MNF. Take the points…King Kong is just savoring those Romo spare ribs.

Saints (-7) @ Jaguars: N’Awlins leaves Jacksonhicksville with a “W” but Mojo expects a flat performance and a big ground game from the MJD… Jags keeps it under the number.

49ers @ Eagles (-9): Jim Harbaugh decided to keep his boys in Ohio after beating the Bengals in Cincy last week. They spent the week in Youngstown to avoid 2 consecutive cross country flights in a charter jet. Gee with a reward like Youngstown, where would he have camped had they lost, Three Mile Island? The plan backfires – The Birds win and cover.

Redskins (-2) @ Rams: Rams looked like lambs against the Ravens and we saw very little to expect them to be anything more than sacrificial to those braves on the warpath. But Spagnuolo’s troops have had home cooking 3 of the first 4 weeks of the season and this is the Redskins second consecutive road game after a short week (MNF in Dallas). Going against everything Mojo saw in St. Louie last week, look for the baaaaaaa-sheep to win outright.

Titans @ Browns (-1): Both teams are learning how to win but the Titans are down a play maker and CJ2K looks more like CJ.5K these days. Go with the Dawg Pound to win and cover.

Bills (-3) @ Bengals: Chris Berman can’t get enough of his Ryan Fitzpatrick FatHead hanging on his bedroom wall. All his fawning over Buffalo and the circling of the wagons ends as the brightest head in America (Andy Dalton) dazzles the Bills and hangs their first “L” on them.

Vikings (-2) @ Chiefs: Tamba Hali cracks down on an unsuspecting Donovan McNabb and makes a game changing play. Take the points – the home dog wins outright!

Panthers @ Bears (-6): Carolina is struggling to run the football and if the Bears can make the Panthers one dimensional Cam Newton will make many mistakes in the cow pasture known as Soldier Field. Bears win big!

Steelers @ Texans (-3.5): Pittsburgh just can’t seem to get after the quarterback these days and the Schaub to AJ connection is just too much for the Steelers to handle. That will keep Polamalu away from the line of scrimmage. On the other side, Big Ben will be a bit too twitchy looking for Super Mario whose hits will conjure up flashbacks to that windshield that Ben head-butted a few years ago. Texans win and cover...

Falcons (-4.5) @ Seattle: Let’s see, Ryan outside of dome, on grass in a noisy stadium. Yes the Seahawks are flying more like seagulls these days but the long trek from the ATL to the SEA is enough to make Mojo reach for the points. Dirty Birds win but the osprey cover.

Giants (-1) @ Cardinals: Cardinals are a finesse team and the Giants a power team. But Mojo sees Big Blue coming in flat and looking more like Little Boy Blue. Larry Fitzgerald has a field day against a suspect Giants secondary. Cards win outright.

Dolphins @ Chargers (-7): In the battle of teams that can’t sell out their respective stadiums, home field is of little consequence save the rigors of travel which obviously works against the Fins to the tune of 2,269 miles. Chargers have yet to put together a complete game and Mojo doesn’t think Sunday will be any different. Bolts win but take the points.

Broncos @ Packers (-12.5): The economy is struggling. Fuel prices are whack. The Broncos stink. Yeah, yeah, Any Given Sunday, I get it. But the wild horses would do themselves a favor by staying home. Green Bay boxes up Fox’ troops and sends them packing after a big time spanking. Lay the points.

Patriots (-4) @ Raiders: The Black Hole will be brimming with confidence at kickoff but that will be short-lived. Hoodie comes up with a plan to choke the Raiders rushing attack forcing Jason Campbell to out duel Mr. Bundchen. That’s like asking Albert Haynesworth to outrun Usain Bolt. Newly coifed Brady covers the line.

Jets @ Ravens (-3.5): This little piggy can’t run it; this little piggy gets sacked; and this little piggy said JETS, JETS, JETS lose by more than a touchdown in front of a hostile home crowd at the Big Crabcake.

Colts @ Bucs (-10): Pirates can start swirling rum by halftime. This one is going to be ugly. Let’s Painter the picture for you – Bucs by more than two trips to pay dirt.

LINK
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Re: WEEK 4 PICKS: Like a free trip to someone else's ATM

I would put money on both the Texans and Ravens to cover.

Can't see the Bungals beating the Bills.
    90% of the game is half mental

Quote Originally Posted by EdReed4HOF View Post
    Can't see the Bungals beating the Bills.
    I agree with you about the Bills. It might be a tougher game than many Bills fans think, but I think that the Bills prevail.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Raiders upset the Pats. The Rayduhs are capable of throwing downfield. Jason Campbell threw impressively against the Bills. Of course last week, JC didn't have to pass much because RunDMC ripped the Jests.

I think that the Ravens will have their way with the Jests. This isn't the vaunted Jests D of previous years and their offense remains mediocre. Sanchez is never going to be confused with Aaron Rodgers.
    Last edited by Catt_County; 10-01-2011 at 08:39 PM.

My upset of the week is Dallas over Detroit. Minnesota exploited Detroits offensive line with their pass rush, and Dallas has just as good of a pass rush, and are a better team than Minnesota.

Give me Dallas by 4.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66