Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Chad Pennington's advice to Mark Sanchez

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/T...defense-092811

My first thought was Pennington is the last person I would look to to find out how to beat the Ravens. I don't recall him ever having a good game against the Ravens. But also, the quote about Ed Reed is interesting:

Secondly, Mark Sanchez must identify the location of Ed Reed every play. Reed is a ball hawk and will leave his defensive responsibility to make a big play. He relies on his film study and his instincts. In the new TV series, "A Football Life," Tom Brady is watching Ravens' film with Bill Belichick. Tom looks at Belichick and says he needs to know where Ed Reed is at all times. He's unpredictable. Don't assume anything with this guy.

Unfortunately, I know this fact all too well! In that same 2008 playoff game, Reed had two of my four interceptions. His second interception was because of my poor assumption. While playing a deep safety in Cover 2 on the right side of the field, he completely left his responsibility and intercepted me on the left side of the field. Thanks Ed!

I think we will see more of this as time goes on. We all know Ed is a sure fire Hall of Famer, but as time goes on I think we will find out more and more from QB's in the league just how difficult it is to play against him.

Blog Entries

Re: Chad Pennington's advice to Mark Sanchez

Watch Sanchez try to hit a single covered Plax in the end zone and then watch Ed Reed step right in front and take it away.

Rex knows all too well about Reed and what he can do.

I am late to the Belichick stuff on NFLN, having caught the first episode on DVR last night. But if Belichick has this kind of respect for Reed, you best believe the man who was responsible for his coaching most of his NFL career is keenly aware of his abilities.

Chad tells us something everybody in NFL don't know. He maybe the best S of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Watch Sanchez try to hit a single covered Plax in the end zone and then watch Ed Reed step right in front and take it away.
    That if Plax hasn't blow him up and knock him out the game by then.:happyanim

Quote Originally Posted by #1 Jets Fan View Post
    That if Plax hasn't blow him up and knock him out the game by then.:happyanim
    Last edited by StingerNLG; 09-30-2011 at 04:48 PM.

Last edited by StingerNLG; 09-30-2011 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Yeah, we're not doing that here.

Can this guy be "stupid and banned" yet?
    Last edited by StingerNLG; 09-30-2011 at 04:49 PM.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    Can this guy be "stupid and banned" yet?
    Why? Because I'm taking up for my guy?

Has Plexiglass ever taken Ed Reed out of a game?

You're here to talk football and a lot of posters welcomed you
    At least be a classy fan.
    Last edited by StingerNLG; 09-30-2011 at 04:49 PM.

Blog Entries

Chad Pennington's mentioning of Ed Reed actually be very important in this game. There is a difference between watching Ed Reed on film and playing against Ed Reed. Mark Sanchez has never played against Ed Reed during the regular season. Last week, it felt like Sam Bradford was determined to not throw an interception to Ed Reed.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore