Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Aaron Curry going to the Raiders, not the Ravens

For a linebacker who wasn't seen as a pass rusher Aaron Curry got a tremendous amount of hype during the draft. He was that guy who could make the big hit, stuff the run and cover. Imagine JJ with a young Ray Lewis' ability to play pass defense. That's why he was the #4 overall pick not too long ago.

Now the Seahawks have given up on him. 3 teams are supposedly interested. With Ngata signed the Ravens have some cap space. We know they are not happy with the ILB position next to Ray. We also know that there is no one currently on the roster who could come close to filling Ray's spot should he get hurt or retire. Plus the Ravens have traded with the Seahawks in the recent past. Is it possible that the Ravens are one of those 3 teams? I think it is.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...g-aaron-curry/

Seahawks linebacker Aaron Curry, the fourth overall pick in the 2009 draft, recently hinted that he’s on the trading block.

Per a league source, Curry is right.

The source says that the Seahawks are talking to at least three teams regarding a possible trade. The names of the teams to whom the Seahawks are talking are not yet known.

One impediment to a deal will be Curry’s contract. Though he recently gave up $5 million in guaranteed money next year in exchange for the ability to become a free agent after 2012, his $5 million base salary in 2011 could be viewed as too much to inherit.

Re: Aaron Curry coming to the Ravens?

I hope so. He is a great talent. No one thrives in Seattle. Give him a year with Ray and see how much he grows. This would be the best way to get quality LB value. He could also help us on passing downs.

Let's be real, he can't be worse than Gooden. You would think we could get him for a 4th round pick.

I say do it.

We could have rice, pitta and curry! A very subcontinental cuisine feel.

It depends on how much it'd take to give up. We do need help at LB, that's true. I'd be hesitant to give up too much, even if he was a 1st rounder only two years ago. He's worth a look, at the least.

what D scheme do Seattle primarily use?

I would definitely give up a 5th and maybe next years 6th for him. Let's face it we need another edge rusher.

Quote Originally Posted by bengtc View Post
    I would definitely give up a 5th and maybe next years 6th for him. Let's face it we need another edge rusher.
    He's not that.

He is a stand up LB.

Tony,

Do you have any intel on this?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    He's not that.

He is a stand up LB.
    I completely agree.

If Ellerbe is really hurt he could end up on IR. Curry would then take that spot with McClain backing him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrian View Post
    We could have rice, pitta and curry! A very subcontinental cuisine feel.
    Sounds like some good "Grubbs". bwahaha...

We need help at ILB and maybe OLB (depends on Sergio's development). Worth a couple of mid-level picks.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I completely agree.

If Ellerbe is really hurt he could end up on IR. Curry would then take that spot with McClain backing him up.
    I haven't seen the numbers but how has the time at LB been split between Jameel and Ellerbe?

I feel like they would plug Curry into passing situations due to his athleticism. I think they like the way Jameel can play the run.

Aaron Wilson was asked yesterday by another tweeter if the Ravens were interested and his simple answer was: 'Nope'.

So, take that for what it's worth.

I think Carolina may well pick him up - Curry wants to play there and they lost Beason already this season (even if Beason's a ILB mostly). Detroit have been mentioned, though that may only be for past interest.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    I haven't seen the numbers but how has the time at LB been split between Jameel and Ellerbe?

I feel like they would plug Curry into passing situations due to his athleticism. I think they like the way Jameel can play the run.
    I haven't seen it either. They've been playing a lot of extra DB sets which has gotten Ayanbedejo a good amount of LB snaps too.