Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ray Lewis: Love to hate him

Ray Lewis by far next to barry sanders is my favorite all time football player. But he is at a point in his career where he is getting close to retirement. I ask who will take his spot? Mclain? idk. we need somebody. but its kills me to see ray running behind these fast recievers and backs especially on passing plays sucking wind. Him and jj are not the faster lb's in the leauge. On 3rd and long i do not want to see ray lewis in zone coverage downfield or trying to check a back coming out the backfield. Ray would be blizting on every play because he can read a offense like a newspaper. He needs to be spelled sometimes in obvisous passing downs. Past 3yrs ive been seeing this happen. Argree or disagree? Im not by any means saying bench ray lewis. But put him in spot and situtations the best suits his strengths.

Blog Entries

Re: Ray Lewis: Love to hate him

No one is going to take Ray's spot. Who took Dan Marino's spot or Barry Sanders'? Once the great ones go you can't replace them.

Blog Entries

Somehow we managed to replace rod woodson with ed reed. But what are the chances that happens again. It will be a sad day when both ray and reed walk away from the game.

I often think on how lucky we are to be rooting for such a loaded team (defensively)... Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Haloti Ngata, T-Sizzle even. ... We've been spoiled.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

The Ravens have replaced their share of great players, but I would agree that they will have a difficult time replacing Ray Lewis.

Rod Woodson: Ed Reed
    Shannon Sharpe: Todd Heap
    They have had some good RBs since Lewis left, Rice being the most notable.
    It took them a while to replace Sam Adams
    Peter Boulware: Terrell Suggs

They have yet to replace Jonathan Ogden and Jimmy Smith is there first real attempt at replacing Chris McAlister.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Disagree. Half the middle linebackers in the NFL still can't hold a candle to what Ray does even on 3rd down.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Somehow we managed to replace rod woodson with ed reed. But what are the chances that happens again. It will be a sad day when both ray and reed walk away from the game.
    My favorite has always been how the 49ers replaced Joe Montana with Steve Young. That was incredible. But even that kind of streak doesn't last long.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    No one is going to take Ray's spot. Who took Dan Marino's spot or Barry Sanders'? Once the great ones go you can't replace them.
    I not expecting the ravens to draft another player like ray lewis. or somebody to be the next ray lewis. Who is going to be our nxt middle linebacker is my question. We have none, if we did ray wouldnt be on the field for every play.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    My favorite has always been how the 49ers replaced Joe Montana with Steve Young. That was incredible. But even that kind of streak doesn't last long.
    absolutely. and it looks like favre/rodgers is another one.

or how the Steelers replaced Bradshaw with Mark Malone!!

yeah.... that was awesome... lol
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Disagree. Half the middle linebackers in the NFL still can't hold a candle to what Ray does even on 3rd down.
    This... My mind is just a slideshow of Ray Lewis game changers. The hit on Dustin Keller. The stop against Sproles (?) in San Diego on 4th and short. Stripping the ball against Buffalo in OT. Granted I don't follow any other team nearly as closely, but the man is just a play-making machine (...jerk!)
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Ray Lewis isn't what he once was, but he's still a very good MLB.

Just as big of a problem is that we have garbage at ILB. Anyone on our team we could use to replace him is a significant downgrade. Not like we've got a young superstar rotting on the bench while Lewis plays...

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid