Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

harbs considering shutting foxy and evans down

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...healthy-201109

"I think it's affecting him," Harbaugh said of Evans. "There is no doubt about it. We're going to have to take a hard look at that. To me, if he can do the things we need him to do, he plays. If he can't, he won't play. We've been nursing this thing now for a month. And I don't see it getting a lot better. So either he can play like we need him to, or he can't. The same thing goes for Domonique Foxworth."
    "I don't think he feels like it's a 100 percent," Harbaugh said of Foxworth. "He's said that before. And it's definitely showing up in the way he's playing. He's playing very, very conservatively. And he knows -- we all know -- we've just got to get that thing right if that's what it is."
    they do need them healthy down the stretch. hopefully smith and carr get healthy soon, we could have one thin secondary.

Re: harbs considering shutting foxy and evans down

Sit Evans down this week vs. STL then play him vs. NYJ. We'll need him against Revis and/or Cromartie.
    90% of the game is half mental

I agree that they should be shut down...unfortunately, it kills what depth we had at WR and CB. But if they are going to be liabilities, we have to shut them down for a while.

4. Re: harbs considering shutting foxy and evans down

I'd take any corner off the street, put him in the game, and I bet he's no worse than Fabio Washington 2.0. Foxworth looks awful, and is not helping playing so far off his guy all the time.

Evans obviously doesn't look right yet. I hope they let Doss have a shot at catching some balls.

Not sure they have any other choice at the moment. Evans' health is critical to the passing game. He can't stretch the field playing at 70% (or whatever he is). It's scary to think about trotting out a corps of Boldin, Smith, & Doss/LaQuan Williams though. Flacco is going to lean on Boldin/Rice/Dickson/Pitta even more than he is now since it's clear he doesn't have much faith in anyone else to split out wide.

Maybe it will be a good thing to force one of the younger guys in the spotlight. Truly sucks David Reed is out at least 3 weeks. I'd love to see what he could do. What's even scarier is how conservative Cam's game plan could get if he doesn't have any reliable WR's.

Foxworth hurt the team yesterday, but he wasn't the only corner getting burned. I think he's doing the best he can, but everyone is so hard on him due to his contract (rightfully so). I don't want to see him cut b/c I'm with the FO in that you can't have enough corners. Is there an update on Carr's hamstring? I truly hope he's able to get back this week. Gives us Webb & Cary as the starters with Carr and maybe Haruki filling in at the nickel? Christ, what happened to this group?

Give Evans the week off and let him rest and heal. We can activate Doss for the Rams

This sounds like 2-2 going into the bye... hopefully!
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Considering he has already had 2+ weeks off after camp and nothing is getting better, I don't think a week off is going to do anything. It may take 4 weeks for him to recover.

Blog Entries

This is the best decision to make. Give Evans this week off and see if he can look better against New York. Rest him through the bye week if it is truly necessary. It is hard to look as bad as Foxworth looks right now and putting someone out there like Chykie Brown, seeing as Carr and Smith are still hurt, could lead to that. However, it is better than continuously playing Foxworth when you have already seen that the results are not going to be good.

I actually believe that, for one week only, they should give Tandan Doss the start. St. Louis does not defend the run well and will be coming off of a short week. Ben Grubbs may be ready for the game. That would be the game to really get authoritative with the rush offense again. I would start Doss and let him work the underneath routes and use Dickson to stretch the field. Especially, since St. Louis enjoys blitzing their safeties (Well, I'm not sure they enjoy it). They won't be able to get much over the top, but if they can run the ball effectively, they could really sustain some drives and get the points they need for a victory, wearing down the Rams late in the game in similar fashion to what they expected to do to the Titans.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

This team is awful thin at corner to be sitting down Foxworth right now even though his play has been horrible.

Not sure Brown or Gorerer(sp?) are ready for prime time yet.
    Do either of those two play special teams?

Cus if they don't, they probably have little to no shot of seeing the field unless every other corner we have gets hurt.

Evans you might have to sit.

That foot, ankle whatever it is needs rest to heal.

I think you can adapt a decent enough offense without him.
    Hell, we've done that for the past 3 years without what he brings to the table.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

I would definitely shut down Evans and Foxworth this week. We will be playing pissed off (Like Steelers vs. Seahawks) and as previously stated the Rams will be coming off a short week. I really hope Grubbs can get healthy or Gurode can start at LG, because LeVoir is garbage. We need to go back to the power running game and I hope to see a heavy dosage of it next week.

Unfortunately this is catch-22 for sure. You could make the argument we've already been missing both of these guys due to a distinct lack of effectiveness. I say rest Evans until (and only until he is 100%) As Fanatic said, the Ravens can game plan around him for a while. On the other hand Foxworth is a different matter. While playing poorly due to injury, at least he's a body where we are incredibily thin at this point. Maybe Haruki takes his spot? Tough problem to solve here.