Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How Much Better Will Receivers Look

Yesterday it felt like our receivers couldn't get open. There were plenty of other issues, but this one was particularly annoying because we dealt with it all last season. We just didn't seem to have enough speed to gain separation. I don't believe it will be a persistent issue, but I'm not wholly assured of this. I wanted to hear what other fans felt.

I need to see Evans when he's healthy to have a good feeling on how effective he can be. I also think David Reed can be effective with his quickness and playmaking ability, but right now he's injured.

I'm not holding my breath for Torrey Smith this season, but if he comes along quicker than expected, that's another guy with the speed to gain separation.

So will we see this offense open up as the season progresses? I think/hope so.

Blog Entries

Re: How Much Better Will Receivers Look

Some fans have taken note of Flacco overthrowing Evans. However, after the first interception where Evans couldn't break back on the ball (or chose not to), it was clear that he is not fully healthy. Those are connections if he is. When he is, along with the rest of the receivers, they will look good.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Evans right now is not helping. A healthy Evans would have easily run under that ball. He's getting very little separation right now.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Evans right now is not helping. A healthy Evans would have easily run under that ball. He's getting very little separation right now.
    And its sad that the Ravens DO NOT have a legit #3. Dickson and Pitta, while fairly speedy TEs, still are TEs. They must get Smith on track or put in Doss... Hell troll the availabe guys out there..

Blog Entries

Smith is just not ready yet, he still looks lost. Rest Evans and put Doss out there. a 70% Evans is not helping.

MR Brady seems to be doing very well with his TE's.

Joe is not Mr Brady. And Cam isn't Bill O Brien.

8. Re: How Much Better Will Receivers Look

Cam and Joe better have a little pow wow and figure this thing out.

Leach is not supposed to be used as an outlet in the passing game.

Cam needs to give Doss or Williams a legit shot.

Smith is just not ready.

We are snakebit when it comes to finding WRs with speed (Yamun Figurs, anyone? Demetrius Williams?) (Is it because Oz, an ex-TE, values height over speed? Probably not.) Evans has speed and he's injured. Reed has speed, but can't stay healthy. Torrey S has speed, but is still orbiting Neptune. I keep seeing people call for Doss. As I recall, he is a Boldin-type receiver -- good hands, but no special speed. Any other candidates?

We could have won the Titans game despite the WR.....this game was lost on the long passes on 3rd (and I believe 4th down) you can't give up long passes on these downs in the NFL and win.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Evans has speed and he's injured. Reed has speed, but can't stay healthy. Torrey S has speed, but is still orbiting Neptune. I keep seeing people call for Doss. As I recall, he is a Boldin-type receiver -- good hands, but no special speed.
    Exactly. I'm all for trotting out Doss with the injuries we have, but until we get our faster receivers on the field this offense seems destined to look like it did last year.

Blog Entries

If Cam get's fired I can see it happening. Until then...
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"