Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Reason for Ravens Offensive Prowess???

I am going to say this over and over again until I turn blue in the face The pick up of Bryant McKinnie and his play on the "BLINDSIDE", is the reason for the Ravens offensive explosion yesterday.. Joe Flacco looked very confident in the pocket and he didn't have to continuously look over his shoulder...Joe was able to survey the field like Tom Brady has been allowed to do for years. Props to our Wizard Oz for making one of the "BIGGEST"(pun intended) acquisition in the off season

Blog Entries

Re: Reason for Ravens Offensive Prowess???

The biggest reason is Joe Flacco. He made quick decisions and didn't hold the ball. It's very similar to when McNair arrived and all of a sudden the Ravens line could pass block. A QB who can get rid of the ball quickly does more for his protection than any lineman.

3. Re: Reason for Ravens Offensive Prowess???

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The biggest reason is Joe Flacco. He made quick decisions and didn't hold the ball. It's very similar to when McNair arrived and all of a sudden the Ravens line could pass block. A QB who can get rid of the ball quickly does more for his protection than any lineman.
    Joe trusted in McKinnie and that his back was protected..I agree with you that he also got rid of the ball quickly...But when it comes to make the long play happen and develop, a QB has got to trust that the LT has got his back covered.

And:

1) McKinnie doesn't need a TE to help him, so Flacco has one more target.

2) He allows the rest of the line to play where they function best (Yanda at G, Oher at RT).

There were times yesterday where they didn't even look like they were working hard, and nobody got close to Joe. I think it was the first time in a couple of years that he had an actual "pocket" to throw from.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    So the line has nothing to do with it?
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

6. Re: Reason for Ravens Offensive Prowess???

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    And:

2) He allows the rest of the line to play where they function best (Yanda at G, Oher at RT).

There were times yesterday where they didn't even look like they were working hard, and nobody got close to Joe. I think it was the first time in a couple of years that he had an actual "pocket" to throw from.
    TOTALLY!!

7. Re: Reason for Ravens Offensive Prowess???

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    So the line has nothing to do with it?
    apparently not:grbac:

Yes Flacco looked confident, but what allowed him to be so was the line.

It all begins and ends in the trenches, on both sides of the ball. That's been true throughout the history of the game.

Blog Entries

I couldn't believe how well that line was playing. AND think about the reserves they still have on the roster!

It must've given Joe some confidence because he went through his reads and found an open player when the coverage was pretty good. what a game

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    And:

This.....getting McKinnie fixed RT. and the guards too.......plus we have Guroade, to backup. Loving it....
    Way Down South in New Orleans

I agree McKinney is the biggest reason by both meanings, but there are others.

Flacco does look more comfortable and in command of the offense. I also think the speed at TE and WR is opening up Boldin and Rice, and Leach and Yanda back at RG really put the power back in the run game.

:T2:

Agreed. I would add that Leach as a blocker in the run game and pass protection helps. Also, having Evans speed on the edge and being much faster and athletic at TE helps too open the Feild and creates mismatches and even makes Rice more deadly in the pass game. Offense can beat you with speed or with power run game. Dickson will have a huge season.