Mike Florio: Media perception about Matt Ryan could change

if he loses at home next Sunday Night against Michael Vick and the Eagles in what will be Vick's much anticipated return to Atlanta. There are still quite a few Falcons fans who still love Vick, they could turn on Ryan if he loses. Florio also said that Joe is better than Ryan.

(He said this after the Cowboys-Jets game when he was sitting with Dan Patrick and Tony Dungy).

Blog Entries

Re: Mike Florio: Media perception about Matt Ryan could change

If you look at the statistics, during the regular season, they are very similar. You can say that Joe Flacco has not been spectacular in the playoffs, but you can also say that Matt Ryan has been below average in the playoffs. What has separated Joe for me is that he has had to face tougher defenses in the AFC, particularly, the Pittsburgh Steelers in the AFC North. That is something that Ryan has not had to deal with in the NFC South and has only played Pittsburgh once in three years. Whereas, Flacco has amassed similar statistics to Ryan, while having to play Pittsburgh eight times in three years.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Matt Ryan, as Florio also pointed out in the post-game, also had MUCH better weapons to work with in Atlanta too. Joe has done more with less. And now that HE has the weapons, he will do even more.

Let's put it another way. Many people are predicting the Ravens to go deep into the playoffs, with a couple that are even predicting Super Bowl. How many people are predicting the same for the Falcons?

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Matt Ryan, as Florio also pointed out in the post-game, also had MUCH better weapons to work with in Atlanta too. Joe has done more with less. And now that HE has the weapons, he will do even more.

Let's put it another way. Many people are predicting the Ravens to go deep into the playoffs, with a couple that are even predicting Super Bowl.
    How many people are predicting the same for the Falcons?
    Peter King and Pete Prisco picked the Falcons to get to the Superbowl. The experts have been hyping up Julio Jones as the missing piece to help Ryan get over the hump.

Blog Entries

I do not understand how you can hype up a player who wasn't even a reliable pass catcher in college, to be the missing piece to a defending division champion.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Rookie receivers usually take a while to come into their own. But let's see how they play against Philly because they might just beat them

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    Peter King and Pete Prisco picked the Falcons to get to the Superbowl. The experts have been hyping up Julio Jones as the missing piece to help Ryan get over the hump.
    That's two. And Chris Berman picked us to win the Super Bowl. Most oddsmakers seem to (from the little bit of googling I've done) favor us more than the Falcons as well (ex: 15/1 for us vs. 30/1 for them).

I think the NFL talking heads are starting to open up the book a little more on Ryan and seeing that he's a GOOD QB, which he is. But he's not better than Joe Flacco.

Blog Entries

If Atlanta defeats Philadelphia, it will likely be due to Michael Turner and Jason Snelling.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    If Atlanta defeats Philadelphia, it will likely be due to Michael Turner and Jason Snelling.
    And that will stop the talking heads from slurping "Matty Ice"? I think not.