Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Great showing today fellas

Great showing today. I wasn't expecting that whatsoever. In fact, I expected Pittsburgh to play like Baltimore did today, offensively.

Completely bitch slapped and pimp-owned. Well done, you guys came out and looked like a team that was sick of losing versus a team stuck in mud today.

The only fortunate thing to come out of this for Pittsburgh, is that a humbled Steelers team wakes up and is more dangerous. 7 turnovers? this game was over from the opening kickoff. That said, looking forward to our second meeting, we'll be ready this time.

Enjoy it, I know it's been a long time for you guys to dominate the black and gold.

Re: Great showing today fellas

Quote Originally Posted by StainlessStill8 View Post
    Great showing today. I wasn't expecting that whatsoever. In fact, I expected Pittsburgh to play like Baltimore did today, offensively.

Completely bitch slapped and pimp-owned. Well done, you guys came out and looked like a team that was sick of losing versus a team stuck in mud today.

The only fortunate thing to come out of this for Pittsburgh, is that a humbled Steelers team wakes up and is more dangerous. 7 turnovers? this game was over from the opening kickoff. That said, looking forward to our second meeting, we'll be ready this time.

Enjoy it, I know it's been a long time for you guys to dominate the black and gold.
    whats the word on harrison's injury?

Thanks for keeping it respectful!

It's the best rivalry in football and it only gets better now.

See you in a couple of months!

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    whats the word on harrison's injury?
    Nothing is being reported as of yet. I'm sure we'll be getting more information within the next couple hours but Harrison's back was jacked up all off-season, dude had major surgery just a few months ago. Not in shape whatsoever and he struggled mightily.

I saw him go back in after he was down and finish the game but he's probably running at 50% at best.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

SS8--
    I get the sense from media reports that Pitt looked "slow". I understand that that may play well for selling "papers", but was that your perception as well? Do you think that Pitt may have issues with that this year? This whole issue makes me think about the furor that we've read about the Ravens releasing Heap and Mason, and the possibility that, as good as those guys WERE, nobody plays forever.

Quote Originally Posted by StainlessStill8 View Post

Nice Post. Good for you to man up and come back after the game. The Ravens were flying today. I have never missed a home game and I was shocked at how fast we looked today. I am sure the temperature will be turned up when we visit in a few months. Ravens v Steelers is the best show the NFL has to offer.

I'd like to know if there is anymore expert analysis you'd feel comfortable adding to these two gems?

Word To Cam

I think the Statement has been made

Thanks for playing!!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    I'd like to know if there is anymore expert analysis you'd feel comfortable adding to these two gems?

Word To Cam

I think the Statement has been made

Thanks for playing!!
    We had our chest puffed out and QUICKLY came back down to reality. Know this: the Steelers played the worst they could play. I don't expect that performance to carry on all season and I certainly don't expect the Ravens to dominant in that fashion all season. It's one game turned chaos. We were caught sleepin' and Baltimore took it to us. So be it, you guys deserve it but remember, don't puff your chest out so soon. We have a whole 15 games left to be played and I assure you we'll be waiting for you next time. Cya in Nov!

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    SS8--
    I get the sense from media reports that Pitt looked "slow". I understand that that may play well for selling "papers", but was that your perception as well? Do you think that Pitt may have issues with that this year? This whole issue makes me think about the furor that we've read about the Ravens releasing Heap and Mason, and the possibility that, as good as those guys WERE, nobody plays forever.
    It seemed like it was breakdowns more than anything. Guys like Bryant McFadden and Ike Taylor didn't play the whole pre-season and didn't seem to have their football legs under them. Good for the Ravens to recognize it and attack. Guys like James Harrison had been 60% all off-season and sure looked to struggle to be in football shape today.

Today was a mess for Pittsburgh but a humbling experience is sometimes needed. I think a loss like this is sometimes inevitable and makes teams stronger in marathon. Baltimore was due, had the urgency and quickly pounced on a very conservative Steelers team. There's 2 of these, possibly 3. One game isn't make or break, which is the ONLY positive to come out of today.

SS--
    Thanks for a Pitt fan view.

I recall reading a thread (on this forum, I think) where one of our posters provided a link to someone - maybe a "real" media type, maybe a blogger or starry-eyed Steeler fan, don't remember - who was saying something to the tune of, "Pitt looks very good in pre-season and may be the best prepared team for the regular season, look strong, etc.", and I was kinda surprised as I listened to the game on the radio yesterday. 7 turnovers were nothing short of stunning, and as I catch the highlights and replays on TV today, Roeth looked (dare I say it) like he had a "deer in the headlights" look. No question the guy has turned in some good football performances, but was yesterday a complete anomaly, did he suffer from those breakdowns you cite because of his mates or himself, are the "less than 100%" guys on your defense hurt more than the team is letting on?

Seattle visits Pitt next week after getting beaten soundly by SF. Do you think that will be Pitt's get healthy game?

Blog Entries

I definitely figured that McFadden covering Boldin would be the one getting picked on mostly today.

I was mostly surprised by our multiple TE sets though. Dickson & Pitta were great.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Wicked--
    Yeah, it sounded like the TE "teens" were getting the job done. As I was driving/listening to the game yesterday, I was thinking about the concern I've read/heard about Heap and Mason leaving. It made me recall the angst suffered on SunSpot's Ravens forum during the couple of seasons after the SB season, when a lot of "name" Ravens were jettisoned. It seemed pretty dire that the D-line would never rush the passer again, or that the offense may not ever be good without Dilfe....well, maybe we'll just stick to the defensive replacements! :D ;)

Point is, Heap was a wonderful player for the team for many years. Also, the NFL is a business. Also, when a team envisions that a player is not the right piece of their puzzle, they make a business decision. Somewhat of a shame for the fans, but them's the rules.