Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Well, on the bright side.....

At least I can load up on Papa John's tomorrow night. 8 free toppings! :happyanim

Congrats on a great game. Total ass kicking, from the opening kickoff to the final whistle. Ravens o-line really surprised me. I though leaving Doss inactive would be a mistake, but I don't know if I ever even saw any 3-WR sets today. The TEs are killers. And don't undervalue what Evans did today either - he didn't get any receptions, but he was a big reason why the middle of the field was wide open all day long.

Fortunately for our side, the Steelers can only go up from here, and at least they'll be able to take it out on Seattle next week. And hopefully the rematch in Week 9 will be a little bit more competitive.

It's been a long time since I've seen a Ravens/Steeler game this lopsided. Enjoy the win.

Re: Well, on the bright side.....

Much respect Steelfan.

Classy post

Much respect. I feel bad for Seattle next week. They are going to be playing a pissed off Steelers team.

As you said, the O-line was solid today. That's why we won, period. They gave Joe more than enough time to throw the ball.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Blog Entries

These whoopings from either side only happen but once every 5 years or so...

Way to take yours like a man!
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Classy post. Was pretty clear the Ravens wanted it more than the Steelers today. Steelers could never get it rolling, and every question on the Ravens performed above expectations.

Hopefully the Steelers look better the rest of the way, I won't be happy until the Ravens knock the Steelers out of the playoffs.

Classy post. Way to own up to a loss, and thanks for the props.

Beware, Tarvaris Jackson.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

I was shocked at all the turnovers more than anything, as I thought we had the ingredients (improved line, new weapons at WR, TE and RB/FB) to do the job on offense. Who was the announcer last year who said "Why does it seem like people throw the ball right to where Ed Reed is standing?"

That said, I hardly see this as a harbinger of Pitt's season; they just got a poor start out of the game and never got it together. Doesn't mean much IMO. Tarvaris is in for a long week next week.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelFaninBMore View Post
    At least I can load up on Papa John's tomorrow night. 8 free toppings! :happyanim

Congrats on a great game. Total ass kicking, from the opening kickoff to the final whistle. Ravens o-line really surprised me. I though leaving Doss inactive would be a mistake, but I don't know if I ever even saw any 3-WR sets today. The TEs are killers. And don't undervalue what Evans did today either - he didn't get any receptions, but he was a big reason why the middle of the field was wide open all day long.

Fortunately for our side, the Steelers can only go up from here, and at least they'll be able to take it out on Seattle next week. And hopefully the rematch in Week 9 will be a little bit more competitive.

It's been a long time since I've seen a Ravens/Steeler game this lopsided. Enjoy the win.
    Classy post and response.

It was a perfect storm, most these games are tightly fought affairs. Will be fun to see how everything unfolds from here.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

I was gonna start my own topic, but will just add on to this. There are no words right now, but the Ravens played a heck of a game and completely dominated/owned the Steelers. I still can not understand the total domination we received. I thought both teams were similiarly matched going in, but that definately wasn't shown.

You guys finally got the 'monkey' of your backs and beat Ben.

Congrats on the win.

To the original OP, thank you for a classy and respectful message. Your team is really good and expect nothing less from them. See you in November.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelFaninBMore View Post
    What they are you going to put on that pizza!? ;)