Letter to Coach Harbaugh

Dear Coach John Harbaugh,
    Steeler week has, in the past, been a very emotional week for the fans and that emotional tide has tidal waved into your locker room. Players talk about the rivalry, and some have even admitted hatred for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Since you began your tenure, it has not ended well.

Your 2-6 record against this AFC North rival is dismal, but I have an idea for you to implement in order to get your team focused and ready for the first game of the 2011 season: GAG ORDER.

Your team has worn shirts with profane hand gestures, has professed how much they hate the Steelers to the media, and has, in essence, "talked a big game". In the end, Mike Tomlin has walked across the field to shake your hand, then sent your back to your locker room mentally scrambling of what you can say to your team to salvage something positive about losing to this team for the 6th time. SIXTH!

The gag order will provide unity and cohesion that is sorely lacking with this mix of veterans, rookies and new signees. Please, Coach Harbaugh, keep them quiet, keep their attire respectful, and have your team ready to win on Sunday. This game counts twice because of the divisional importance and it would be a shame to start 0-2, figuratively.

Thanks,
    A Fan Living in South Carolina (who loves to talk smack, but shuts up if I can't back it up anymore)
    Last edited by SC_Raven_Fan; 09-07-2011 at 09:33 AM.
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Re: Letter to Coach Harbaugh

Who's talking smack from the Ravens this week? Did I miss something?

Sorry I wasted my time reading this. :grbac:
    I root for the Steelers; I root for their plane to go down.

I'd rather be dead than pessimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Raven_Fan View Post
    Your 2-8 record against this AFC North rival is dismal
    Not to nitpick, but isn't it a 2-6 record?

Quote Originally Posted by WxKevin View Post

Who's talking smack from the Ravens this week? Did I miss something?

Sorry I wasted my time reading this. :grbac:
    The Steelers are doing a bunch of talking so far this week, and the talking began over the summer. In the past, the Ravens have been the ones yakkin'. So far, I haven't heard anything stupid. I'm hoping that continues. This letter is to make sure Harbaugh makes sure that the "no stupid comments" streak continues through the game AND after.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    corrected :celery

Blog Entries

I was about to say the Ravens haven't said anything of note about them lately. Casey Hampton poured a little fuel on the fire recently but most of the talk has come from that side. The Steelers are one's yapping not the Ravens. Which will make it all the sweeter when they role into M&T and get a mudhole stomped in their asses.

Have Mike Tomlin looking to unleash hell again.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Well, to be technical, he lost twice to the Bengals in 2009.

So he's 1-7 against the eventual AFC North divisional champion...including being 0-3 at home.

That to me is his biggest failure of an otherwise very successful first few seasons.

It look's as if you are a little late in your request. The "Gag Order" seems to have already been implemented. There has not been any so called yapping from the Ravens side, what so ever. It has all come from the visitors side. Which tells you that they seem nervous.
    Yes, the Ravens have done this in the past only to eat a plate full of humble pie. Maybe that thought is sticking in their heads. Maybe the thought of having a 21-7 half time lead is throughly stuck in their heads. And keeping them from talking chit.
    Maybe, they are saving their talk for the field. Win the game, then talk.
    .....Support Our Warriors.....

Ben is also quoted as saying, "To be the best, you gotta beat the best"

Steelers are feeling mighty big in their britches. I like how quiet it is on the Ravens side of the ball.

Coach musta said something already, which means great minds think alike ;)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post

So he's 1-7 against the eventual AFC North divisional champion...including being 0-3 at home.

That to me is his biggest failure of an otherwise very successful first few seasons.
    That really sucked to get swept by the Bungles! :grbac:
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post

Last year's December 13-7 loss was an epic fail of the greatest dimension. At home, with the Division on the line, yet this team could only muster up 7pts. Defense did their job, IMO, but offense matched Pittsburgh's offense in 3-n-outs. They recovered their own fumble, but the Ravens lost theirs.

Bottom line. Loss.

Got no right to talk smack. Neither O nor D. Get out there Sunday and work to get a W. If they win, still keep your trap shut because they still own you in the post season.

I'm as confused as some of my fellow Purple Brethern, I haven't heard the Ravens say a word all summer that was adding more fuel to the bonfire. Everything has come from Pissburgh, not Baltimore. How about a letter that said "Dear Coach, Thanks for keeping the team quiet & not firing back @ the Steelers for all the s**t they've been firing our way. Now you just need to give your answer back to them w/ the play on the field & the final score, for this game, November 6th & any potential playoff game. In the immortal words of Johnny U, "Talk's Cheap.""

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!