Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Troy Smith

Troy Smith

Troy Smith signed with the UFL Omaha Nighthawks. Its pretty sad actually.

Blog Entries

Re: Troy Smith

actually a good way for him to get noticed and maybe signed after thanksgiving. it's a long shot but it may be the only shot

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Not sad, smart. Much better than sitting out there hoping for a call from the NFL.

I think Troy will get himself another chance at a backup job if he improves his game a bit in the UFL, which should be able to produce more than 4 teams with 32 NFL teams cutting down from 90 to 53+8ps guys.

The UFL could be the ideal place for those recently cut guys to develop if they establish a true minor league status with the NFL.

:T2:

Wow! they got a first ballad (aka ballot) Hall of Famer. Did you know he won the Heisman? He should have started over Flacco when he returned from his illness. The UFL just surpassed the NFL in every category. Wow!
    Last edited by RockGod; 09-06-2011 at 08:19 PM.

Blog Entries

You spelled his name wrong...it's Tryo Smiff!
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

It's ballot.

Unless there is a slow song about the Hall of Fame I don't know about.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    It's ballot.

Unless there is a slow song about the Hall of Fame I don't know about.
    Oops, thanks for the correction...

*calls 105.7* "Hey Bulldog the stoolers fan... why aren't we go sign Troy Smith? he won the Heisman. That makes the QB Rankings as the following 1) Troy Smith 2) Peyton Manning 3) Tom Brady."

Ugh I am just glad i don't have to hear that anymore. I say we attempt to get David G. if the price is right... if not, i say Have fun starting in SF and being cut next year for Andrew Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Am I a "brother" because I wanted Troy Smith over Boller, back when Smith was an unknown quantity? Did I stop being one when I decided Boller was flawed but better?

WTF? Race baiting FTL. Go away.

There's a big controversy today in Ohio about a sign at a football game stating "You mad bro?". Apparently, there's a double slang meaning, one being an internet term , the other racial. Yet, in proper English, a brother is a male sibling.

Let's not jump to conclusions about intent, please!

=========================================

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Good move for Troy. He doesn't belong in the NFL, but in the CFL, UFL, or Arena Football he could be fine. He doesn't have the size for the NFL or the skill set to make up for the difference.
    Agree. Exactly what I stated the day after he was drafted, when I predicted that he would never make it in the NFL due to his size (I still think he's closer to 5'10") and average athleticism. (Correct prediction) And that he would wind up in the CFL. (almost correct).

Of course, I was labeled a hugger, or a hater, or some such nonsense, for pointing his size (excuse = Drew Brees is small), the irrelevance of the Heisman Trophy, and Troy's inaccuracy.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Mista T, you and I can agree to disagree about what "brothers" was intended to mean here. My reading was a reasonable one, as evidenced by DonNMass' follow up.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Ugh... This is the kind of stuff that had me so worried when the huge influx of posters came here. Even if 99% of them are cool beans, there are enough of them that we get this type.

Race baiting lowest common denominators who just make all of us look bad for associating with them.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

I'm with festivus on this one. Folks, plain and simple. Next racial comment posted on this thread comes with an automatic infraction; I don't care what the intent is. This is not the place for it, and this forum is above that.

It ends here and now ladies and gentlemen.